Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LS3 Fuel System

LS3 Fuel System

Just thinking about sorting out the fuel system to get it installed before the engine. Going with an LS3 installation but wondered what everyone else has done about the fuel system components.
    Reading up on it, a lot of people fit the Z06 regulator which has a return feed and then run a single line to the rails. also what brand of pump / filter have you used?

Thought, ideas, recommendations?

Cheers

p.s. fitting a carb is not a recommendation!!!
    Bob
    AK GenII arrived 1st April
    Let the cursing begin.........

Bosch fuel pump, pre fuel filter and wix fuel regulator/ filter.

Bosch 044 fuel pump, with pre filter, post filter and adjustable regulator, stainless braided ptfe hose, black anodised fittings. All from torques ebay shop.

Bosch Fuel Pump Adapters, Bosch 044 Fuel Pumps items in Torques U.K store on eBay!

I run the fuel to the regulator with a return line from the reg to the tank, and a single line from the reg to the fuel rails. I'm running 36lb injectors at 3 bar. Usual pressure for an ls3 is, IIRC, 4 bar and this pump seems just as happy to deliver 4 bar.

That pump is quite noisy mind... although that seems a common complaint...

I fitted an I tank pump external filter and regulator with return back to tank and 4 bar pressure delivery to the engine.
    Build Started 24/02/13 IVA'd 16/10/2014 registration completed 26/11/2014. First drive 27/11/2014

Likewise,
    A hi-flow bullet pre-filter with stainless mesh (Merlin Motorsport), Bosch 044 fuel pump, Wix Corvette combined fuel filter/regulator (like this Wix filter regulator. AN8 and AN6 ptfe braided hose plus fittings all from Torques UK plus quick connect fittings for the wix. They will provide a document stating applicable for all fuels and injection etc for IVA- just ask.

I wasn't so happy with the quick connect fitting to engine fuel rail so I bought hardline style AN6 fitting with copper olives to get a good tight and safe seal. All tested with engine running fine on several occasions.
    Cheers
    Jo
    Work started http://jpbak427.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks guys, confirmed what I was thinking. Time for some retail therapy I think!!

Hi guys, some great info there. I'm having trouble finding a Wix fuel regulator, has anyone had any experience of FSE, Sytech or Aeromotive ones available from Merlin or Torques?
    They seem to be suitable for EFi and adjustable from 2-5BAR.

Any thoughts?

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p...-unions-air006
    https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p...-unions-msv003
    AEROMOTIVE AN-6 (-06AN) Bypass EFI Fuel Pressure Regulator 30-70 PSI - 13129 | eBay

Cheers,
    Mike

I used a omex supplied regulator, it was pre set to match the fuel map for the omex ecu, but I think it is the same as a Webber unit
    Build Started 24/02/13 IVA'd 16/10/2014 registration completed 26/11/2014. First drive 27/11/2014

Mike,
    I imported mine from the US. I checked with Chevrolet dealers on a number of parts for them to import but the UK dealer markup was prohibitive. Or they just didn't want to engage in that sort of business.

Just search ebay for Wix 33737 and you'll get a load of listings at about £20 + £6 for postage which is exactly how I bought mine.

Because I'm using the GM OEM setup including ECM, Fuel injectors, Loom, fuel rail etc I thought using the standard filter regulator that thousands of production cars in the US use was a safe bet and one I didn't have to fiddle about with trying to get set right with fuel pressure gauges etc.

Torques UK do the quick connect fittings for it too.

Cheers
    Jo
    Work started http://jpbak427.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks guys.

Does anyone have a photo, or can anyone explain where they mountain the fuel pump and inline filter? I've seen plenty of filters just in front of the diff on the inside rail of the chassis, but this doesn't leave room for the fuel pump?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast