Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LS3 Plumbing

Yep. thats right and the hole underneath is for the air temp sensor!

thanks
    Mike

Hi there, I`m at the plumbing stage with my LS in an AK, so same questions
    Could someone send me some pictures of the plumbed engine.
    Thanks
    Ross
    P.S. I have the PRO Flo XT induction system and ally pully set from Roadcraft, looks great but presents it`s own problems !

Ross,

Pics attached - AK with LS3 plumbing

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ross,

Let me know if you need any more pics of specific parts.

Body not attached at moment, so easy to get any other pics you need.

Mike

Hi Mike,
    That`s brilliant, thanks.
    Could you send some pics of the smaller pipes connecting to the engine. i.e. the ones from the air inlet extension and the header tank.
    I see your heater pipes routed down before heading back to the heater, which side is your heater on ?
    I presume the pipe heading down from the header tank neck is just the overflow outlet ?
    Having opted for the ally pulley set from Roadcraft it has plenty of `bling` but has made the bottom hose routing tricky.

Ross,

More pics attached.

Heater not connected yet until final body fit, but pipes are currently routed down & under the engine mount, then back up after the starter at the bell-housing - this was suggested route by Jon @ AK.

I was a bit concerned they would be exposed underneath engine mount and perhaps rub on the mount bolts, but I have a sump guard (from AKCharlie) to fit - hoses & hoses will fit in the gap on top of the support arms of that (I intend to P-clip to that) and so should be protected, secured and supported. May even replace section on top of the sump guard with stainless tube. Polo heater has connections on opposite (PAX) side of car, so pipes will need to cross above bell-housing and be clipped somewhere - i was thinking of using one of the spare tapped holes on the back of the engine to mount a bracket & P-clips for the required 30cm support.

Yes, pipe coming down from filler neck is just an overflow, you can see in pic I have cable tied it to & behind the power steering hoses to stop bottom end moving about

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

All fittings visible on my web site in the pictures AND documents section for exploded veiws: www.russhowell.com
    also i used Legendarydude.com for his write up

Cheers
    Russ
    Russ

www.russhowell.com
    AK Cobra - LS3

Thanks Mike,
    Do you know if hose finishers with built in jubilee clips are o.k. for use on fuel system plumbing. ?
    Or should it just be regular jubilee clips ?

I have not used jubilee clips for the fuel hoses, I used AN-6 teflon/ptfe core steel braided hose with black AN-6 fittings - these also give a very neat finish and various fittings are available for connections to fuel tank, pump, filter, regulator & fuel rail.

Think they are a bit more secure than jubilee clips - they are compression fittings and I found them easy to fit and had no leaks 1st time when I did a test engine start - got mine from torques.co.uk.

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12