Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    That's great, thank you! Yes, in Windsor, so not too far.

just the fact it says navy is a good start - is there any way you could take a picture of the colour so I can see if it's the same as my car please?

if so, that might just be enough to get some from Llewellyn Ryland (the original supplier..,)

OK here you go, couple of photos of my car hope these are good enough:
    1. no flash under strip light
    SumoOct2014_1.jpg

2. with flash - looks a fraction lighter than the car does in real life
    SumoOct2014_2.jpg

Can take one outside at some stage if you need me to

Difficult to tell indoors... How do you insert pictures? I'll post one of my car and see what you think?

if it is a RAL, BS or EN standard number you can down load a colour swatch from the net anywhere, I know it wont match exactly but it would give you an idea to see if anything comes close. You can then either decide to take a chance with the nearest RAL, BE, EN number or accept they used anything and everything mixed together when they made the body and just get the nearest colour match.

http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/pilgr...touch-ups.html

Here's an old thread on the same question. I seem to remember Den answering the same question a while back by saying they'd used various blue gelcoats over time which sounds very feasible when they were doing a lot of kits.

Good luck!

Hi,
    I've got a 1998 blue gel coat, and the pot of paint has Navy Blue PCP 3748 on it batch Y01 673, from Llewellyn R.

Problem is they changed the colour in 1997! Pilgrim have some post 97 gel, but can't remember the pre 97 code.

I'll check it on the Llewellyn Ryland site anyway.

thanks for replying!!

Blinkin Nora you've cracked it gunton! Printed out a LR colour swatch, and blow me if 3748 isn't a perfect match!!

many thanks for for all your replies folks, I can get on with the tedious bit now!

Great news, but just be aware that the shade you print out critically depends on how your printer is set up (and which brand it is, and what technology).
    If it hasnt been through a set of colour bar tests, there may well be some variation between the actual pigment and what you have printed....same sort of issues as looking at colours on a monitor - depends on the settings.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Good stuff!
    I'd offer you some, but you'd have to collect, I'm in Auckland, New Zealand!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast