which polishing machine ?

Hi Guys,
    As I'm in final wait for GD body to arrive I've been organising new workshop and sorting tools etc, one of the jobs ive never done before is finish preperation and polishing of grp. Before you all say get GD to do it Ive already decided I need to do this myself, as, well its just a Virgo thing, best leave it at that!.
    So I'm probably using farcela products but need to buy a polishing machine. I guess others have lots of experience on which are good and those that are not and personal teqnique or preference too but any comments will be gladly received
    thanks in advance
    Simon
    Memories are better than dreams

Hi Simon,

I know most people (everyone?) on here recommends the farcella products and a hand held polisher, but I've said this before (and mostly been ignored ), but I would recommend getting one of the plastic polishing kits from 'The Polishing Shop' - towards the bottom on this page... Standard Polishing Kits . It will only cost you eight quid! (though I think you may need to buy extra bars of the polish to do the entire car).

I used this and my trusty Bosch drill on my DAX when I first got it

Here's a scan of a 'proper' photograph to give you an idea of the finish, which came up like glass...
    http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/attac...-coat-cob1.jpg

Cheers
    Geoff

Nothing expensive unless going to be using it excessive but dont get a cheap 120w polisher , you need one that looks like an angle grinder but you need to be able to alter the speed ie variable speed machine ,but a farclea / good quality mop head is a good idea ,
    Toolstation do a silverline 1200w 500/3000 rpm one for £41.33 inc vat delivered perfectly adequate for an occasional use machine

Nice shine on that one Geof, and interesting products on the linked site, thanks
    Will have a good look at whats available david, thanks for starting me in right direction
    Simon
    ps Farecla, not what I typed earlier , Farcella! lol
    think its pronounced without the first a, as in "frecla"
    Memories are better than dreams