Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    How's the interest from essex building?

Regards,

David

Quote Originally Posted by happie33 View Post
    that would be fine dave... 1st sunday is the same sunday as our monthly meet.... would prefer another sunday...but we will work with it... if you let me know when you have finalized date etc, i will post onto our site as an event / drive out....

cheers !

4 weeks to go. Only 3 cars confirmed with two possible. Me, Paul and Royce with possibly Andy and Neil. (I assume for the whole tour)

I need to confirm booking at the venues for the meals/refreshments, especially the pub lunch, to ensure spaces is available.

Weather is always the unknown, but I will agree with the venues go/no go a week before.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE COMING FOR EITHER/OR BREAKFAST, COFFEE BREAK, LUNCH AND/OR TEA BREAK BY SUNDAY 1ST FEBRUARY. NO BOOKING, POSSIBLY NO SPACE!

Will then send out full details of arrangements (Alternative for Bewl and Pub may be required, but I'll let you know)

Thanks,

David

Hi David,

Please make a reservation for me as necessary. I have this in my diary for the whole day.

Have you emailed all of those on Royce's contact list?

Ralph from Snake Torque/Gas Guzzlers was also interested in arranging for a meet up with some of the Essex based Cobra guys who may not be active on UKCC so I will message him to see if he can contact you here.
    Last edited by Star Kicker; 25-01-15 at 03:40 PM.
    "Lola" my Dax Tojeiro 427 Ford 351w FMX 3sp Auto, 350bhp+
    Now with MSD EFi + Atomic ECU

Paul from Dartford, Kent

Quote Originally Posted by LUX 427 View Post
    Neil,

How's the prep going? Any news from DVLA? Are you likely to make 22nd Feb?

Regards,

David
    Hi David,

All registered and on the road, Been a few setbacks with getting some of the final jobs done unfoutrunatly the it will be at AK having the hood and tonneau fitted that weekend....

Sorry I can't make it

Cheers Neil
    Build Started 24/02/13 IVA'd 16/10/2014 registration completed 26/11/2014. First drive 27/11/2014

Neil,

OK thanks for letting me know. Hope we all won't need our hoods!

Regards,

David

4 weeks to go for Kent 2015 Spring Tour - Sunday 22nd February

Arrangements are nearly complete and I felt it timely to let you know what is planned and for you to let me know whether you will be coming.

The tour is planned to start at 9.00 in NW Kent and finish at 16.00 in South Central Kent. There will be four assembly points to enable those who can’t do the whole day to start and finish at their chosen points and to maximise photo opportunities. Sounds slightly complicated but will enable maximum flexibility for those in the Club across most of Kent, East Sussex and Essex.

The starting assembly point will be at Bewl Water Country Park or Lamberhurst pub where breakfast will be available.

Second meeting point will be Sedlescombe Golf Club, where Coffee and snacks will be available.

The third meeting point will be The Bell Inn, Ivychurch where a pub lunch will be available.

The tour will finish at the fourth meeting point at The Secret Garden Restaurant at Mersham le Hatch, where refreshments will be available.

Anyone expressing an interest should write to me at david@allen-butler.co.uk and I’ll send details of each venue (with menus where appropriate) and more information on the planned (circuitous!) routes.

I will provide (free) a glossy adhesive windscreen badge (50mm x 75mm oval) to anyone that arrives at any of the four meeting points.

All other costs; refreshments, meals etc (and fuel of course!) will be down to participants.

I need to confirm booking at the venues for the meals/refreshments, especially the pub lunch, to ensure spaces is available.

Weather is always the unknown, but I will agree with the venues go/no go a week before.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE COMING FOR EITHER/OR BREAKFAST, COFFEE BREAK, LUNCH AND/OR TEA BREAK BY SUNDAY 1ST FEBRUARY. NO BOOKING, POSSIBLY NO SPACE!

Will then send out full details of arrangements

Thanks,

David

Looks like weather is going to be OK for Sunday 22nd. So far 5 people have confirmed. Still seats reserved at each venue for breakfast/coffee/lunch/tea, so not too late to join us for one or more legs of the tour.

PM me if you would like to come.

David

Unfortunately had to cancel the Tour due to a number of last minute things. Illness, cars not working etc. Only 2 for full tour and two for bits of it.

The weather was better than expected but hey ho, that's life.

From those I spoke to on the phone last night it appears that an Autumn Tour of Kent can be raised from the ashes. I know I'm a glutton for punishment...........

So, how about putting 27th September in the diary? I'll open up a new thread in the Summer to gauge interest.

All the best,

David

David

As mentioned on the phone yesterday I'd like to thank you for all the time & effort you've put into the planning. Weather turned wet sooner than the forecast suggested- we could have got caught out...

Count me in for the September run.

cheers Simon
    Sumo MkIII RV8, IVA'd & on road Dec 2011- but still tweaking

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123