Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sounds like your web browser has been 'hi-jacked'. Try downloading a different browser to what you normally use and see if the problem persists. Check your browser's extensions to see if there is something like filestore72 (or similar) in there; if so, delete or disable it. Check the settings for your home page and search engines. Run a virus scan. If you use Google Chrome, this can share the same settings across different devices so check out the settings in all of them. If you're unsure about any of this then do a Google search but be wary of downloading and installing any bits of 'cleaner' software. Perhaps someone else might suggest some safe tools but I am not up to date with the various offerings out there I'm afraid. Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by kenf View Post
    Sounds like your web browser has been 'hi-jacked'. Try downloading a different browser to what you normally use and see if the problem persists. Check your browser's extensions to see if there is something like filestore72 (or similar) in there; if so, delete or disable it. Check the settings for your home page and search engines. Run a virus scan. If you use Google Chrome, this can share the same settings across different devices so check out the settings in all of them. If you're unsure about any of this then do a Google search but be wary of downloading and installing any bits of 'cleaner' software. Perhaps someone else might suggest some safe tools but I am not up to date with the various offerings out there I'm afraid. Ken.
    Just clicked onto the site using my IBM pc and Google Chrome and the same thing happened. I run antivirus on this pc, which probably does not mean it is 'protected' completely, but I don't get this with any other site I visit, which would suggest to me it could be the server the Cobra club site is hosted on, but I don't know enough about this stuff to say really!
    Angus

Absolute Horsepower AK, 383 Chevy stroker.

You may be right.

Rob, you may need to check this out (Please Help - Hacked vBulletin Redirect to filestore72.info - vBulletin Community Forum)

Quote Originally Posted by Broxy View Post
    Just clicked onto the site using my IBM pc and Google Chrome and the same thing happened. I run antivirus on this pc, which probably does not mean it is 'protected' completely, but I don't get this with any other site I visit, which would suggest to me it could be the server the Cobra club site is hosted on, but I don't know enough about this stuff to say really!
    I have done a virus scan and a deeper check (whatever that does) nothing came up, no Malware that Norton can detect (not sure how reassured I am with that though?lol)
    Angus

Quote Originally Posted by kenf View Post
    Sorry kenf, I missed this before I posted my response, over to you Rob?
    Angus

Fixed now, and working for me.

Rob
    Best Regards

Robert

Crossed over for a while - Overlanding - Some people are just like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Cheers Rob.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by robert View Post
    Fixed now, and working for me.

Rob
    Rob, has the site been hit again, it has come back up again this afternoon, and was not there yesterday or this morning!
    Angus

Quote Originally Posted by Broxy View Post
    Rob, has the site been hit again, it has come back up again this afternoon, and was not there yesterday or this morning!
    Same from here .
    Jim

Rob,

A Google search to the web front page gets hijacked to the filestore72 thing, the google search to the forum seems OK. Just entering UK Cobra Club - The Front Page also works fine.

Andi.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/andicole0 - http://andiscobra.blogspot.com/ - http://www.tomsrush.blogspot.com/
    Dax Tojeiro, Chevy 350, Tremec TK05, 3.54 Powerloc diff. MoT'd, SVA'd, registered, taxed and insured. Now with RAC cover, just in case
    Polishes to date = 7. Engines to date = 2. Seats to date = 4. Sold

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast