Thread: De-Sorning #2

De-Sorning #2

How about this one then!
    DVLA web site advises that to tax/de-sorn a vehicle the said vehicle should have an MOT certificate (should one be required)
    However, my company has attempted to tax a couple of vehicles online, with 6 weeks, or so, remaining on the MOT only to be refused the road tax due to the short length of MOT!!!

Anyone had a similar issue?

Roger

MOTs should only be a problem if they expire before the tax disc renewal date

Exactly. So why the refusal I ask myself.

Quote Originally Posted by dgosumo View Post
    MOTs should only be a problem if they expire before the tax disc renewal date

Quote Originally Posted by minesamalt View Post
    How about this one then!
    DVLA web site advises that to tax/de-sorn a vehicle the said vehicle should have an MOT certificate (should one be required)
    However, my company has attempted to tax a couple of vehicles online, with 6 weeks, or so, remaining on the MOT only to be refused the road tax due to the short length of MOT!!!

Anyone had a similar issue?

Roger
    Well that's interesting and worrying in equal measure! It begs the question how long is unacceptably short? It was never a problem when applying at a Post Office as long as the MOT was in force when the tax came into effect.
    Dek

I couldn't tax my cobra online cos i only had 3 weeks of insurance left...
    Didn't try the post office as i'm not in a rush and going to get more insurance. Think i'll try it tomorrow now to see what they say. insurance up on the 27th.
    Was told i don't need an MOT as its classes as new (IVA 2014) so will test that theory too.
    Declan

RV8, Sierra based Viper.
    I'm sure if I give it enough love it will, someday, love me back!?

No tax today but got a good explaination...
    Insurance runs out at the end of Jan and they can only tax the car from the start of Feb so the insurance doesn't cover the taxed period therefore can't be used.
    Got a great price from T.R. Young so going with them, thanks for the tip Dave B (Britbits)!! Beat Adrian Flux by £100 and i didn't have to say no to 25 sales pitches before i hung up??
    Just gotta do a little more sanding and painting and i'm back on the road!?
    Cheers
    Declan

RV8, Sierra based Viper.
    I'm sure if I give it enough love it will, someday, love me back!?