Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Had some graphics made for the car.

Nige

Been busy making filter tops and bases for the Weber 44 IDF's. I've decided to fit the Webers instead of the 40 DRLA Dellortos as they're bigger and more suited to the bigger engine going in. I'm also fitting "Gurney Weslake" valve covers, just as GPG4C ran in the Modsports series back in the day. It'll make a change from the normal "Cobra powered by Ford" covers. I took the decision to run the K&N's as I don't really want my engine having a"rebore" whilst driving by sucking in dust. I know people run mesh filters on these carbs, but they'll only really stop children and animals being sucked in, I wanted to offer a bit more protection. If showing the car, I can always remove the filters if needs be

A quick question, would you??

A...polish the aluminium filter tops
    B....give them a brushed finish with a Scotchbrite pad
    C...sand blast them for a "cast" finish look

Nige

Here's the TKC magazine the car was featured in

Nige

well, I've had some period correct Gurney Weslake valve covers cast, and as it so happens, GPG4C ran the same covers when it competed in the Modsports series back in the '70's so it's bang on perfect

I've also been busy making some "Weslake" tops for the K&N filters. These are hand formed out of aluminium and will be visible through the hood scoop when it's closed. I toyed with painting the backdrop black under the Weslake lettering, but have now decided against it and they'll have a raw ali finish

Nige

Nige

that's just absolutely amazingly AWESOMELY stunning

Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Love the attention to detail. The whole stance and look of your car is a credit to your workmanship. More tweaking or another project?

Thing of beauty

I totally agree with Nealgs. Stunning motor! An absolute credit to your hard work and attention to detail. Superb.
    Cheers,
    Murray

That's the trouble with you Sailors, long hair, quick zips and, Oohh, look at the size of that!!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

Good to talk to you yesterday Nige and I must say that is a stunning look you are going for. Look forward to catching up with you at Stonleigh.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast