Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Glad to see the return of the like button. What a belter of a car.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    Love the attention to detail. The whole stance and look of your car is a credit to your workmanship. More tweaking or another project?
    Well, thats a good question, I was going to start another project, but I've sold that on and have decided to get this one exactly how I want it to be as it wasn't originally going to be a keeper.

I've got some L542 tail lights to fit, which will mean modifying the area that they will sit on, as at the moment the round lights are on raised plinths, so I'll do away with that to make it look as per an original. I'm also going to modify the rear valance so that it follows the correct downwards curve, rather than the way it curves upwards in the middle slightly now. I'm then going to modify the rear arches to follow the tyre curvature better, plus a few smaller jobs. Busy, busy, busy
    Nige

Quote Originally Posted by Flykilla View Post
    Glad to see the return of the like button. What a belter of a car.
    Thankyou, everyone for the positive comments, I'm glad you like it. Hopefully, it'll be even better when it gets the rest of the work and the quad Webers fitted
    Nige
    Last edited by Outcast; 17-01-20 at 10:03 AM.

Does anyone know who would be able to supply eurethane suspension bushes for an XJ6 or XJS front suspension? That's next on the list of to do's
    cheers..Nige
    Last edited by Outcast; 17-01-20 at 10:04 AM.

Absolutely love what you've done with this car Nige, and I am still in awe of your talent and skill Which reminds me.. I never did email you about painting mine after we talked - but given I'm not that much closer to completion, I guess there's no rush

For bushes, try Superflex - they do everything from XK120 onward! Here's the XJS/Cobra section: https://www.superflex.co.uk/products.php?cat=211
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    Absolutely love what you've done with this car Nige, and I am still in awe of your talent and skill Which reminds me.. I never did email you about painting mine after we talked - but given I'm not that much closer to completion, I guess there's no rush

For bushes, try Superflex - they do everything from XK120 onward! Here's the XJS/Cobra section: https://www.superflex.co.uk/products.php?cat=211
    Hi Aaron, thanks for the link, greatly appreciated. It's not a problem to do the paint/bodywork on your car, but please bear in mind that I'm currently working to a six month lead time before I can currently book anything else in.

Cheers....Nige

It's alright Nige, I'm working on a six year lead time before I've finished mine
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314