Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Love it.. I wouldnt fit the straps though imho, a little too much going on.

With the longer driveshafts and bottom arms now fitted, the rear tyres now sit nicely in the rear arches. These shafts and arms are 20mm wider than the ones I took off.

Been toying with the idea of putting some pinstripes on the arches, not sure about this yet, but its very much "on point" for '70's Modsports cars and Super Saloons. These are very crudely fitted just to get a feel for how it could look

Or possibly cream and black stripes to mimic the cream bonnet stripes with the black pinstripe edge

Does my arse look big in this??

Cheers...Nige
    Last edited by Outcast; 08-07-20 at 05:16 PM.

Well, all of the mods are finally finished on the Cobra. I took it out earlier for its first run since all of the suspension and brake upgrades have been carried out. All I can say is what a difference. It feels extremely well planted at speed, handles corners exceptionally well now, and the EBC brakes work just as they should. You can feel the car pulling down hard when the brakes are applied. Its also the first time I've been able to see the rear 1/4 panels and rear end modifications from a distance, as this is the first time out of the garage and be able to see the car from different angles. All in all, I'm extremely happy with the way the car is now 😎👍

Nige

Beautiful, congratulations!!
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3; IVA Apr. 2014; RV8 3.9 EFi ; Cosworth T5; Granada Donor
    Phase Two underway - Conversion to Japanese

The rear 1/4 looked a bit bare so I added my business name from the late '70's

Nige

Having revamped the suspension and brakes, I found that car handled and drove way better than it did previously. However, I've found that at warp speed, the steering starts to get light. The whole underside of the car from the front of the footboxes, to just in front of the rear axle is totally flat. The floor itself is slightly nose up, so it would seem that the air underneath is raising the car up at speed, making the steering light. I'm toying with the idea of fitting some small spoilers to the front to disturb the air, and maybe that will help it drive better at higher speeds. Having spoken with a few racers, they say that a small spoiler does tend to stabilise the car more at higher speeds. As my car is Modsports inspired and cars ran with spoilers in that series then it would be in keeping.I'm just not sure about the visual look of it as yet

A little work in progress on a spoiler

Andy Sheperds Cobra in action

Nige

Been doing a little bit of detailing to the new 5.0 ltr engine before it gets stripped down and rebuilt

Nige

well, I've had some period correct Gurney Weslake valve covers cast, and as it so happens, GPG4C ran the same covers when it competed in the Modsports series back in the '70's so it's bang on perfect

I've also been busy making some "Weslake" tops for the K&N filters. These are hand formed out of aluminium and will be visible through the hood scoop when it's closed. I toyed with painting the backdrop black under the Weslake lettering, but have now decided against it and they'll have a raw ali finish. The carbs are 44IDF Webers

Nige

Funny - I just saw Tornado post about Gurney Weslake covers for the GT40 over on Facebook, as well.. like busses, you never see them and then there they are twice

They'll look absolutely stunning beside those filters!
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617