Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    you've already done the interior?…my God…well done…you don't hang about…thought you were doing that another time

Quote Originally Posted by catsx11 View Post
    you've already done the interior?…my God…well done…you don't hang about…thought you were doing that another time
    Well, it's done after a fashion, I've removed the cream seats & fitted black leather ones and changed the colour of the dash from cream to black, along with making some new door cards in aluminium and I've painted those satin black with the rivets visible. When I get a chance I'll be making a scratch built ali dash, as per 289 layout for it as a trial run for the "Insanity" car.

cheers..Nige

Edit:- cream seats with black piping available for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by catsx11 View Post
    That looks a nice paint finish Nige.
    Hi Alan, the paint finish looks nice, but though I've cut the paint back, I've not cut it back & polished it within an inch of it's life, as I want it to look like a survivor car, rather than it have a 100% concours finish. I've intentionally left some chips & marks on it & just gently touched them in, rather than flat them out & paint them. I don't want a car that looks like it's just rolled out of the paintshop, I want it to have an aged look, and wear its scars with pride, just as a race car would. This way it'll be easier to live with, without having to worry too much if it gets marked when being used or parked up. It's all a part of the fun
    cheers..Nige
    Last edited by Outcast; 05-08-15 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    Hi Alan, the paint finish looks nice, but though I've cut the paint back, I've not cut it back & polished it within an inch of it's life, as I want it to look like a survivor car, rather than it have a 100% concours finish. I've intentionally left some chips & marks on it & just gently touched them in, rather than flat them out & paint them. I don't want a car that looks like it's just rolled out of the paintshop, I want it to have an aged look, and wear its scars with pride, just as a race car would. This way it'll be easier to live with, without having to worry too much if it gets marked when being used or parked up. It's all a part of the fun
    cheers..Nige
    A man after my own heart, I like a bit of patina too.
    I noticed another couple of new stone chips on mine at the weekend.
    Looking forward to seeing you around our patch soon.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

hi Kev, I'll have to pop down to you at some point & take a look at yours too. Is it Broughton you live?
    cheers..Nige

Hi Nige,
    yes just outside the village of Broughton.
    Lower Monkton actually.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

just about finished the front end, just the side vents to fit and give it a clean.

cheers..Nige
    Last edited by Outcast; 09-08-15 at 07:14 PM.

the absolute dogs ********!

ps forgot to add how much better it would look clean…it's filthy!

Hey Nige

Wow that's looks great, You certainly shame me with the speed that you work and the quality that comes out too. very nice. One thing I have been thinking is How did you blend the new panel back to the body did you go back to the door for a blend point or did you blend it to the front wing ? looking at the pictures it looks flat.

I have been looking through and I am thinking of cutting the arches off and then making some with more of a rounded profile on them a little like the Backdraft & Factory 5 arches so that I can hopefully keep to the IVA or whatever the name of it will be when mine will hopefully come out of the garage.

Once again thank you for all of the pics it helps very much.

Thanks

Rob

Amazing work Nige.
    I didn;t think i had been away that long but that kids for you! You definately put me to shame with your work rate, and the quality of the finished product!
    What did you use to fill the pinholes? I have a few in the filler i used and they are a bit small to get more filler into. Do i need to dig them out? did you just skim any exposed mat?

also, did you do anything with the rear arches? mine are completely different!! one side has the chassis visible at the front, the other doesn;t...
    There must be something about these cars that invites modifications!? possibly the poor body shells!

FYI Rob, the IVA rules on the arches are different to when these bodies were made and i had to add a load of filler to cover the wheel the right amount to pass. i think, off the top of my head, it needs the tyre covered from 30 degrees forward of vertical to 50 degrees rearward? SVA was only the wheel rim needed to be inside the arch when viewed from above...

Keep up the good work!
    Declan

RV8, Sierra based Viper.
    I'm sure if I give it enough love it will, someday, love me back!?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast