Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have decided to cool my LS3 using an output from my Omex 710, going through the manual it gives me the option of a on and off temp and they set it with a difference of 5 deg to allow for hysteresis, what would you suggest is the best temp for the engine, the manual has on 90 and off 85, does that sound ok?
    AK Gen II - LS 376/480 495 BHP with upgraded long lift cam

That would be a good starting point, with the ecu control it is easy to adjust if you want to raise or lower, I don't think there would be much point going lower as I thing the stat is 86 deg as standard.
    Build Started 24/02/13 IVA'd 16/10/2014 registration completed 26/11/2014. First drive 27/11/2014

I don't have Omex so not sure whether this is posibke or not but I just logged the engine temperature on a run then set the fan to come on 8 degrees higher, similar hysteresis. HTH
    BIG TONE

Mercedes SL owner, definitely NOT a kitcar owner like you lot!

Neil, thanks for your reply, I think I will look at the omex software when home to see what they have set it at.

Tony, thanks for your reply, do you remember what your top temp was on your run?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Malawibob View Post
    Neil, thanks for your reply, I think I will look at the omex software when home to see what they have set it at.

Tony, thanks for your reply, do you remember what your top temp was on your run?

Brian
    I normally run at 81 degrees, give or take a degree. SBC 383
    BIG TONE

Mercedes SL owner, definitely NOT a kitcar owner like you lot!

Currently playing with EFI Live so created a map of my last 30 min tootle on a hot day. LS1 engine, Speed on X axis, MAP on Y Axis. "Normal" would be about 90, you can see that it gets warmer as the speed drops off and it's under load.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jim View Post
    Currently playing with EFI Live so created a map of my last 30 min tootle on a hot day. LS1 engine, Speed on X axis, MAP on Y Axis. "Normal" would be about 90, you can see that it gets warmer as the speed drops off and it's under load.

Jim
    Thanks Tony & Jim I think around 90 seems to be the consensus, like has been previously stated it is easy to change these figures, so think I will go with on 90 off 85, thanks everyone

Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12