H Gate Gear plate

This might rub the traditionalists the wrong way so apologies in advance,

Anyone fitted H-Gate plate to the gearstick like in Lambos or Ferraris, any idea where to get one from?

I'm a traditionalist...... but try Hill Engineering http://www.hillengineering.co.uk/cat...gates-c-3.html

Might be tricky to set up though as I expect the throws are quite different.
    Bill

Crendon Chassis No:13

Agree with Bill, I think the only way is to work out all measurements and either build it yourself or have a one-off special from a construction company. Looks superb, not sure about compatability with Cobra interior though..
    Theo
    Not for the faint hearted, not for the shy...

Very easy thing to make with a milling machine, but agree with the others, could be much harder to set up so it works cleanly every time. Might be worth making some kind of thick card template to get something that works.

Bear in mind gearboxes move slightly as you drive, so consider leaving enough room around it so it doesn't knock you out of gear every time you hit the loud pedal
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Cheers guys,

I was thinking about a template first. I'm just throwing ideas around by putting my favourite bits of every car into this build!

It has to be attached to the gearbox to work properly.
    You need a good amount of movement across the gate to allow enough room for the separate fingers.

We fit them to the DBR"s and they tricky to get right.

A
    A S motorsport Ltd. 01379 688356 mob; 07909531816 web; asmotorsport.co.uk email \"andrewsoar@yahoo.com\"