Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it me ?

Is it me ?

I saw 3 or 4 Cobra's for sale at Stoneleigh on Monday, IMHO they were anything up to 15k overpriced
    Has the market moved on that much ?
    I know what people ask & what they get are often very different but if I'd gone there looking to buy I would feel more than a little uncomfortable trying to chip someone £15k for there pride & joy
    Dave or Anthony could build someone a nice car for the prices being asked!!!
    The Yellow Crendon 427SC, 448 FE Ford & Tremec TKO600. 2008 till RIP.

I didn't see any for sale apart from the Contemporary that was there on the Saturday...did I have my eyes shut?
    Now: DB427SC Chassis #3
    Previously: Crendon No 22 Guardsman Blue
    Southern Automotive 452 cu in BBF
    "previously known to this parish "

So, Dave or Anthony could build a nice car for some £27000, really? Now that's what I call optimistic.

Roger
    (DAX Cobra For Sale £27500 o.n.o.)

Quote Originally Posted by legend View Post
    I saw 3 or 4 Cobra's for sale at Stoneleigh on Monday, IMHO they were anything up to 15k overpriced
    Has the market moved on that much ?
    I know what people ask & what they get are often very different but if I'd gone there looking to buy I would feel more than a little uncomfortable trying to chip someone £15k for there pride & joy
    Dave or Anthony could build someone a nice car for the prices being asked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tapped View Post
    I didn't see any for sale apart from the Contemporary that was there on the Saturday...did I have my eyes shut?
    There wouldn't be many cars there on Saturday, let alone ones for sale..... Presume meant Sunday. I was there on the drier Monday and noticed Tony M's car (?) with a for sale notice. Of course there was the one careful owner V12 Dax / Daimler too, that was for sale

One of our local potential new cobra owners sold his existing kit car after about an hour in the 'for sale' shed. He got his asking price a few minutes after he lifted the hood. Well done.

Nuf Said

Quote Originally Posted by minesamalt View Post
    So, Dave or Anthony could build a nice car for some £27000, really? Now that's what I call optimistic.

Roger
    (DAX Cobra For Sale £27500 o.n.o.)
    Oops, sorry Roger maybe I wasn't clear enough with my post
    I'm sure there was a car there for £35,000
    Also I think from the other thread you can guess the car I thought was £15k too much IMHO
    Sorry if you thought I was aiming any negative comments at your car & I really just wondered if these cars have gone up in value ?
    Tony

There are only worth what people are willing to pay at the end of the day. Was looking at Sovereign Cars Web site yesterday and was shocked at the prices they are asking.

Rog
    AK 427 SC now sold. New ride is a 57 Chevy Bel Air Big Block 454

On value as subject my ins renewal is next month and want do the right value not too under or over, any ideas ???a dax New ivad 12 mths ago so 2014 new blueprinted sbc 350hp 1100 miles.toneau and hood , Have pics but cant post from iphone so could do later for anyone not knowing the car
    Last edited by david hemmings; 06-05-15 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Shackleton View Post
    There are only worth what people are willing to pay at the end of the day. Was looking at Sovereign Cars Web site yesterday and was shocked at the prices they are asking.

Rog
    Holy crap!!! I would love to know what Sovereign are paying for those cars

In many ways prices have moved on. And there are fewer and fewer good quality cars available so they hold a premium

I saw a few for sale at Stoneleigh and acquired a good example at a fair price to myself and the seller. Not all cars that are for sale have notices in them, if you talk to enough people and show the right interest they can pop up.

With regards to dealers prices this has been discussed many times before. Wages, rates, insurances, taxes and all other overheads mean cars HAVE to be sold at a profit or they won't be selling them at all. As a company that has diversified into cobra sales recently even I admit we sell cars at a profit but due to smaller overheads we remain more competitive.

On a side note by asking higher prices for such cars it indirectly keeps the market value of them up so when you come to sell, you should be happy with what you get as a result.

I hope this helps and hope I have not opened myself up for a public flogging.
    Last edited by Chimeara; 06-05-15 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeara View Post
    On a side note by asking higher prices for such cars it indirectly keeps the market value of them up so when you come to sell, you should be happy with what you get as a result.
    NEVER!!!

Anthony, I have always thought from afar that you offer value for money with the cars you build so I'm sure the same can be said of the pre owned vehicles you sell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast