Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryn Smith View Post
    Have you played with the system through the hand held yet?
    Only to set the initial engine set up. I had a little trouble getting the IAC to be within the 3-10 range at idle, but with some help from the tech guys at FiTech this is now sorted. Just a matter of sorting one vacuum leak and a couple of tweaks and all OK.

She starts first time and has a steady idle.

Fingers crossed it will all be fine once I get it out on the open road, I will keep you up dated.

Rob
    Rob

AK Gen I - 4.6l Rover V8, Stage III heads, MC1 cam
    On the road March 2019

Now I know we're supposed to keep the great Welsh roads a secret Kev, but is that the A4059 Rhigos Road from Hirwaun up to the Beacons? If so, it's a fantastic road. I stopped for lunch at the Red Lion in Penderyn - great beer, great food, fantastic hand sanitiser (made at the distillery - I had to buy a souvenir bottle just for the smell!), and even a Cobra in the car park! Bliss!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kdavies3 View Post
    Tell me about the woolly bollards.
    I clattered one on the Hirwaen Mountain road in my first Dax.
    £11000 later.
    Insurance of course.
    I didn't even get the road kill.
    Alan

Ex CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep - please contact me if you're interested in taking on the role!
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)

Dax 427 DeDion - now sold
    2003 E85 Z4 3.0i - the new toy!

Quote Originally Posted by conrod View Post
    Now I know we're supposed to keep the great Welsh roads a secret Kev, but is that the A4059 Rhigos Road from Hirwaun up to the Beacons? If so, it's a fantastic road. I stopped for lunch at the Red Lion in Penderyn - great beer, great food, fantastic hand sanitiser (made at the distillery - I had to buy a souvenir bottle just for the smell!), and even a Cobra in the car park! Bliss!!!
    I was able to get out last September and took a drive up the A4069. Lovely drive and scenery.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rob

On the road March 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Rob P View Post
    Only to set the initial engine set up. I had a little trouble getting the IAC to be within the 3-10 range at idle, but with some help from the tech guys at FiTech this is now sorted. Just a matter of sorting one vacuum leak and a couple of tweaks and all OK.

She starts first time and has a steady idle.

Fingers crossed it will all be fine once I get it out on the open road, I will keep you up dated.

Rob
    I love mine had it fitted 3 years now and it fires off the button after standing for 12 months even when freezing cold. Get great MPG also.
    It just does....

Quote Originally Posted by Daryn Smith View Post
    I love mine had it fitted 3 years now and it fires off the button after standing for 12 months even when freezing cold. Get great MPG also.
    One of the reasons I converted to the FiTech was the hope of a little more MPG, mainly on motorway driving as I intend to take my AK to France once the Covid restrictions are lifted. I appreciate that having a large V8 engine you don't expect to get good MPG, however a little bit more always helps.

Not exactly sure what the MPG was before, but before I changed my distributor to a 123Ignition it was about 13 to 14 mpg. I could never get the vacuum advance to work on the old Lucas distributor when connected to the Edelbrock carb. However, once I fitted the 123Ignition I was able to set the timing curve and the vacuum advance. This appeared to improve the MPG. I am hoping the Fitech will give me a little more.

Once I can get out on the road I will let you know if it has improved the MPG and how to is performing.

Regards

Rob
    Rob

On the road March 2019

Alan,
    funny that Sandra and I had lunch in the Red Lion, in the summer between lock downs.
    Great pub and food.

Rob,
    My Mustang had amazing economy with the FI Tech system on it.
    Managed over 30mpg on the run to Silverstone.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

Kev,

If I could get that I would be a very happy man! I would have more money to spend on the lovely French food and wine!
    Rob

On the road March 2019

One of the reasons I converted to the FiTech was the hope of a little more MPG, mainly on motorway driving as I intend to take my AK to France once the Covid restrictions are lifted. I appreciate that having a large V8 engine you don't expect to get good MPG, however a little bit more always helps.

Not exactly sure what the MPG was before, but before I changed my distributor to a 123Ignition it was about 13 to 14 mpg. I could never get the vacuum advance to work on the old Lucas distributor when connected to the Edelbrock carb. However, once I fitted the 123Ignition I was able to set the timing curve and the vacuum advance. This appeared to improve the MPG. I am hoping the Fitech will give me a little more.

Once I can get out on the road I will let you know if it has improved the MPG and how to is performing.

Regards

Rob
    Have you got any information for the 123 that you can share regarding timing curve and vacuum advance? I have a 123 and a fitech on my build but have not played with the 123 curves yet. The engine is running
    Classic Replica Viper currently in build

Quote Originally Posted by KugaWestie View Post
    Have you got any information for the 123 that you can share regarding timing curve and vacuum advance? I have a 123 and a fitech on my build but have not played with the 123 curves yet. The engine is running
    Hi. this is the curve (three screen shots of the file on the 123) I am currently using. It seems to work OK, but until I can get the car out on the road for a full test drive I cannot say for certain if it will be OK. That said it worked fine with my Edelbrock carb when I took it out in September. So it should work with the FiTech as the vacuum should not really alter.

Please note that this is on a Rover 4.6l V8 with stage 3 heads and an MC1 cam, so you may have to tweak it to suit your engine. Finally, the vacuum line to the distributor is from the manifold vacuum port on the FiTech not the ported vacuum.

Hope this helps.

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rob

On the road March 2019

Hi. this is the curve (three screen shots of the file on the 123) I am currently using. It seems to work OK, but until I can get the car out on the road for a full test drive I cannot say for certain if it will be OK. That said it worked fine with my Edelbrock carb when I took it out in September. So it should work with the FiTech as the vacuum should not really alter.

Please note that this is on a Rover 4.6l V8 with stage 3 heads and an MC1 cam, so you may have to tweak it to suit your engine. Finally, the vacuum line to the distributor is from the manifold vacuum port on the FiTech not the ported vacuum.

Hope this helps.

Rob
    Thank you Rob
    Classic Replica Viper currently in build

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast