Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Paul,

The times I have seen your car its always a thing to be admired .To get it to the polished stage takes all the effort and going by the about of labour. I agree with the brush finish being more of an issue and I see the guys in the states talking about wiping the brush Ali with all sorts oils or corrosion inhibitors which would only attract the road dirt and dust as would any liquid.

Talking to a sheet metal worker he said the different so many grades of ali make all the difference effects the corrosion levels. You only have to look at what airplanes are made from !

Quote Originally Posted by Neil O View Post
    To be fair, I had a good look at Fat Boy's Kirkham at the last Le Mans Classic and I couldn't see any corrosion at all.
    Actually, I couldn't see any aluminium either as it was all covered with stickers and stripes etc.......
    There's method in my madness Neil.
    It will probably be wearing different stripes for next year's Le Mans Classic.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by FatBoy View Post
    There's method in my madness Neil.
    It will probably be wearing different stripes for next year's Le Mans Classic.

Paul
    I'm hopeful that Crendon No.66 will be ready for Le Mans too
    2003 Dave Brookes Dax 350ci Chevy SB.
    2008 Crendon 462ci Ford Sideoiler No.43
    2012 Crendon 351ci Ford Cleveland No.24
    2019 Crendon 445ci Ford FE No.66

I'll look forward to seeing it Neil.

I'm taking mine to Tuscany in September. We were supposed to be going down on the train, but the service closed without warning in April, so now we're having to drive down over 2 days. We're taking 5 days to drive back though via the Italian Lakes, the Stelvio, Umbrail and Fluela Passes, after a week down there.

Paul

I drive to Lake Garda, often. Never in the Crendon though. Yet.
    Planned trip for Sept '16 is to drift down through France to the south coast, through Monaco and into Italy.
    Then down through the west side of Italy and back up the east side finishing back at Lake Garda and then home via our usual route.
    Should be a 3-4 week jaunt
    I know the Lake Garda area quite well so shout if you need any info that you think I might be able to help with.

Btw, we drive for 16-18hrs to get 1000miles door to door (Exeter-Salo) via the Chunnel. We stop overnight on the way and it's still two very hard driving days.
    I wouldn't attempt it in two days in a Cobra, but that's up to you mate
    2003 Dave Brookes Dax 350ci Chevy SB.
    2008 Crendon 462ci Ford Sideoiler No.43
    2012 Crendon 351ci Ford Cleveland No.24
    2019 Crendon 445ci Ford FE No.66

Thanks Neil.

Unfortunately, we don't really have much choice on the 2 days to get down there . We've been left in the lurch following the closure of the Autoslaap MotoRail service. I'm going with a couple of other friends in their Cobras and our wives are flying down to Florence, where we'll pick them up. We're going down through Germany, so we should be able to maintain a reasonably good pace down the Autobahns. We're taking the overnight ferry to Holland, where we arrive at around 8:00am, so we should get a good full day's drive in.

We're staying at a hotel right at the top end of Lake Garda for two nights on the way back, Du Parc et Du Lac, which looks okay. Is there anything you particularly recommend around that area as I've never been before?

Paul

Me too please! I'm off to Garda on Saturday for first time but we're staying in the south.

Any good places to go and or eat would be useful!

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by tapped View Post
    Me too please! I'm off to Garda on Saturday for first time but we're staying in the south.

Any good places to go and or eat would be useful!

Paul
    I can recommend these
    http://www.villasostaga.com
    http://www.lefayresorts.com/?noipad
    Build Started 24/02/13 IVA'd 16/10/2014 registration completed 26/11/2014. First drive 27/11/2014

We were originally staying at Villa Sostaga but they messed us about on prices and bookings.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234