Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks Gary.

I'll keep a build log, or at least a photo record on https://www.flickr.com/photos/marlinbuild/

It's full of my last project at the moment but as the Cobra progresses, pictures will go in there.

Maybe I'll start off with pictures of bits I've already acquired................

And I have been watching the IVA manual grow since last time. It was only 302 pages then!! I noticed the change around rear fog lights and am still trying to decide whether the 'off persist' after switching the main beams off and back on again is a requirement or an option. It's stated as alternative Note 4, and I've noticed that all the kit car parts vendors have come up with an expensive little box of tricks to comply.....!! But it looks to me as if it can be interpreted as not being mandatory. Small point I know but it could cost a £90 re-test fee...........!!

All part of the fun..........

Edging ever closer..............

Wendi at AK was good enough to send me this pic of my Gen 3 chassis prior to it going off for powder coating.

Bare Chassis 1 by MarlinBuild, on Flickr

It's getting very real now. I'm collecting the Cobra next week. But I've got all my planning wrong. My garage wall is being knocked out the following week as part of a new kitchen build......................

But all is not lost. A friend will store it for a couple of weeks and by then, I will have a much bigger garage to build in..... Happy Days and the build will start for real in early October.

Good to see another hitting the streets in Berkshire soon, quite a few of us now, which part of Berkshire are you ?

Cheers

David

Hi David,

That's good to hear. I'm at the north end of Woodley.

Cheers

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

2 things, you definitely need a clever box to kill the fog light or its a IVA fail PM me i know a man.

And did you go for Gel coat? its a major ball ache and about £1000 addition to get it looking anywhere near, i might even wrap mine.

Alan.
    AK Gen II delivery date Oct '15
    IVA pass Dec '18.
    On the road Jan '19
    GM LQ4 364ci, LS9 cam, Omex 710.
    Tremec T56 Terminator.

Hi Alan,

Noted ref the clever fog light kill box. Many thanks.

And no to the (coloured) gel coat. It's a conventional spray job for me.

But colour................................?? That's one of the advantages of not going for a gel coat. It kicks that particular decision into the long grass for a while.................!!

Cheers

Nigel

It's finally here........

The arrival. by MarlinBuild, on Flickr

Engine by MarlinBuild, on Flickr

Well, almost.

Its stored in a friend garage for a couple of weeks while I'm sharpening my drills and polishing my spanners.

There's not much left to do..............?? It's a rolling chassis. I sent the engine to AK so that they could install and fashion the exhaust to fit so a couple of nuts and bolts and a pot of paint and were good to go.

But that would be no fun......!!

I'll post all my build photos on https://www.flickr.com/photos/marlinbuild/ but I'll probably keep a bit of a build log on here as well.

Wish me luck.........

Nigel

The Cobra is home at last.

I have built a trestle to support the body shell until it goes back on the chassis and have 'parked' it up for the time being.

And covered for the winter. by MarlinBuild, on Flickr

And the chassis is now on stands in the garage.

by MarlinBuild, on Flickr

It would be great now if I could take some pics / measurements in the engine bay now. I'm particularly looking at heater option and coolant pipe run. Is there anyone out there with an AK gen3 with a LS3 up front, not far from Reading who would be happy for me to take a look at your car - probably in the New Year now. It would be a great help.

Many Thanks

Nigel

Mis information regarding the fog light.
    You were correct. It is noted as an option and is only there to clarify the function if fitted.
    It did cause confusion when introduced which has persisted. Perhaps the vendors have a vested interest in selling their stock.

So, fog light persist off gubbins not required.

Andy
    A S motorsport Ltd. 01379 688356 mob; 07909531816 web; asmotorsport.co.uk email \"andrewsoar@yahoo.com\"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123