Engine crane and Stand in Herts Needed

I'm going to need to pull my Chevy 350 in the next couple of months and start the rebuild. Has anyone got a crane or stand I can borrow? I'm based in Knebworth Herts.

Thanks
    Jeremy

Got a stand i was going looking at flogging. Visited here to post an ad up! Freaky...
    Tripped over it last night (must have been same time you poted) and thought someone else could make use of it.
    £10?
    And i could buy it back should sods law turn up once i get rid of it.
    Im based in Camberley but could meet half way at Iver/Uxbridge untill Monday?
    Last edited by shadow; 19-11-15 at 08:31 AM.

I have both a stand and a crane you are welcome to borrow. A little bit further away from you as I'm nearby Newbury
    DB134, Blue and White of course, Huddart 383 SBC, MSEfi, EPS and all things gay.

Hi Jeremy,

If you've not already bought a crane from 'shadow', I'm in Royston (18 miles away) and have a crane you are welcome to borrow.

Pic attached, rated at 1.1 tons and lifted my 351 Windsor a treat.

It's pretty heavy but comes apart, I originally picked it up in my Audi A6 estate.

PM me if any use.

Graham
    Attached Images Attached Images

AK
    427 Gen2 with Ford 351W stroked to 393ci (~6.4 ltr), Power steering, Tremec TKO500 gearbox, 6 pot Monster brake upgrade http://www.cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/674
    http://www.cobraclub.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/15540

Quote Originally Posted by JamesP View Post
    I have both a stand and a crane you are welcome to borrow. A little bit further away from you as I'm nearby Newbury
    Thanks James for the kind offer, I've got closer option that i think will work. Cheers Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Got a stand i was going looking at flogging. Visited here to post an ad up! Freaky...
    Tripped over it last night (must have been same time you poted) and thought someone else could make use of it.
    £10?
    And i could buy it back should sods law turn up once i get rid of it.
    Im based in Camberley but could meet half way at Iver/Uxbridge untill Monday?
    Hi Shadow, thanks for the kind offer. If I can't find a more local option I might come back to you. It looks like I might be using your engine crane that you sold to Graham......

Quote Originally Posted by Boxoftricks View Post
    Thanks James for the kind offer, I've got closer option that i think will work. Cheers Jeremy
    No probs, any problems give me a shout. I've collected a great deal of engine building equipment over the last few years as I built my first engine and have had to take it out of the car on a couple of occasions now
    James
    DB134, Blue and White of course, Huddart 383 SBC, MSEfi, EPS and all things gay.

No probs, let me know via PM as im not on the forum every day.
    Im only about half hour from you this week sat & monday. Dont have to give buy it, just an option, happy to loan it.
    I only have the engine stand but graham has the crane I borrowed.

If anyone's interested Lidl is selling 250KG rated electric hoists for £49.99 from Monday.

They come with fixings and sufficient metalwork to fix to a suitable roof structure.

I've put one in my garage on the floor so I can winch the Cobra up and down the sloping drive out of and into the garage as I'm building it and the winch has performed effortlessly.

Once the car is finished and winching is no longer required, the winch is going into the garage ceiling supported with an extra couple of joists to supplement my engine crane which has had a harder life than it was designed for.

£50. Madness really.

Cheers,

Tony
    Supply by blagging, engineering by bodge......

Thanks Tony,
    I don't think it would cope with an FE even with Alloy heads unfortunately it's still over 250kg.
    With a TKO attached forget it.
    Sounds like a good deal though.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring