Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What can we do to make F1 more interesting?

I'll start us off......

1. We keep hearing that there is so much down force generated by an F1 car that they can drive upside down, well prove it then. Make us a track with a barrel roll.
    Regards

Craig Perry

No, I'm not "repairing" it, I'm fine tuning its performance.

Remove most of the driver aids, no paddle shift and tyres that last.

Andy

Make the top team from the year provide a specific amount of staff and funds to the last team for the winter period to help close the field.
    AK GenII, collected 11th September 2015, passed IVA March 22nd 2017, On the road Friday 28th April 2017.
    LS6 468.4 bhp, 440 ft/lbs on the Dyno
    Canems ECU

Blog: http://markscobra.blogspot.co.uk

Remove all the rules except the safety ones.
    Set the maximum width and length of the car and let them go for anything that works.
    Add a change to the points scoring so that you get a point if you lead the GP at any stage for at least one whole lap.
    Let the teams make they're cars as different as they want and choose their tyre makers.

Basically back to how it used to be.....
    2003 Dave Brookes Dax 350ci Chevy SB.
    2008 Crendon 462ci Ford Sideoiler No.43
    2012 Crendon 351ci Ford Cleveland No.24
    2019 Crendon 445ci Ford FE No.66

Just have one rule:

Everything to do with the team, car, support equipment etc must fit inside a standard sized shipping container.

Other than that you can do what you like.

More seriously, 2 main things for me:

1) Bring back ground effect to some extent to reduce the aero penalty from closely following another car

2) Seeing drivers crippled by having to conserve fuel is daft in my view. Change the rules so they can attack all the time

Quote Originally Posted by hifihedgehog View Post
    Just have one rule:

Everything to do with the team, car, support equipment etc must fit inside a standard sized shipping container.

Other than that you can do what you like.

More seriously, 2 main things for me:

1) Bring back ground effect to some extent to reduce the aero penalty from closely following another car

2) Seeing drivers crippled by having to conserve fuel is daft in my view. Change the rules so they can attack all the time

Correct me if I'm wrong but half the problem on this point is down to the teams their selves as they always tend to under fuel the cars to save weight, banking on there being a safety car or something.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Quote Originally Posted by TINKA View Post
    [/COLOR]

Correct me if I'm wrong but half the problem on this point is down to the teams their selves as they always tend to under fuel the cars to save weight, banking on there being a safety car or something.
    I think that's correct, maybe the weight of fuel at the start of a race should be set.

What about, a reverse grid, like in touring cars?

You'd need to give points for qualifying but why don't we reverse the top 10? You'd also have to give the same points as a race win for pole, otherwise everyone would want to qualify 10th in Monaco !
    Regards

Craig Perry

No, I'm not "repairing" it, I'm fine tuning its performance.

The problem with F1 is that its supposed to be an engineering pinnacle. So you either derestrict and the richest team who can afford the best engineers wins, or you restrict, racing gets more equal but innovation reduces.

I think the issue is money. I'd change so that F1 money was split equally amongst teams, and maybe even a bonus for new teams for the first 5 years. Then restrict the amount of money a team can add to that budget.
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Halve the entrance prices to races.
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 3.5 Litre Rover V8 Towing an Eriba Puck Caravan

My other half suggests having all the even numbers go round clockwise and all the odd numbers anti-clockwise. Hmmmm.

Nuf Said

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast