Thread: Seat removal

Seat removal

Hello i now need to replace the seat belts as the ones that have been fitted are far to big and i have run out of adjustment. So i need to remove the seats from the car i have taken out the cushions and found 4 bolts i have tried to remove them but they just spin with no effect on the fixing of the seat. Help Please Paul

Look under the car, you should see four nuts which will be spinning round. Long arms required to hold a spanner on them and undo from the seat. If you have runners similar applies but the nuts will be in the channel of the runner. Not so easy to get to these and I have used a wooden wedge to stop the nut from spinning
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Thanks done the under car thing no sign of nuts that line up with the bolts. the seats sit on a metal frame must be the runners. But i cant see the nuts do you go in from the front of the seat. From the front i can see a pair of bolts that are not related to the 4 through the seat Thanks Paul.

If your seats are on normal runners, then the runners will be bolted through the floor.
    If the SRV8 has glass fibre floors they should be braced with spreader plates which you should be able to see if you jack the car up.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

Thanks for your replies the seat is on runners 2 bolts inboard at the front of seat and 2 nuts under the car inline with the rear of seat. i was able to adjust the seat belts at the rear of the seats job done. Thanks Paul.