Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bradley Stoke (Bristol)formerly from Derby
    Hi, I don't agree that they are pretty naff. I'm not going to get drawn into a technical discussion, I think as they have been used in a very wide range of applications, you are bound to get some bad stories. Mine has been fine for years.

Quote Originally Posted by ak jules View Post
    Hi, I don't agree that they are pretty naff. I'm not going to get drawn into a technical discussion, I think as they have been used in a very wide range of applications, you are bound to get some bad stories. Mine has been fine for years.
    I agree! The later boxes had I double roller bearing I believe although I could be wrong, they are decent boxes as long as you don't overload them by bolting one to an engine that clearly creates for more torque than the box was ever designed for.

I've heard stories about Tremec not being quite as good as some people make out, you can always find out good and bad stories about everything in this day and age.
    This forum has a high proportion of people that lack basic manners.

Hi, I have fitted a toyota W58 GB which in my view is probably the best and strongest but can be costly
    Neville

Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Hi, I have fitted a toyota W58 GB which in my view is probably the best and strongest but can be costly
    Neville
    I actually have a Borg an Warner T5 with Quaife close ratio gears that have been shot peened and micro polished, the box is aimed at club racers and therefore in my opinion must be pretty strong as in the heat of racing the box would get a right old hammering.
    This forum has a high proportion of people that lack basic manners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12