Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yes all Ram's were made by LR Roadsters or Realm but as they were officially certified by Shelby for a period, these cars ad a different chassis numbering system similar to the originals.

Aha,
    so the big question is: who has the book?
    with the list.......

and how many were built?
    mine is 173

still looking for info on build origine etc

Quote Originally Posted by mylesdw View Post
    At some point they (Shelby) changed their minds and issued CSX-6xxx numbers to the Rams. I'm not sure if any Rams got CSX-4xxx numbers, I think they were used for Shelby's own replicas.
    Couldn't swear 100%, but I'm quoting that from Trevor Legates book. He clearly knows his stuff, but perhaps it was a typo.
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

I'm not sure what happened there, they were going to be CSX-4xxx numbers and then they changed. Mine was issued CSX-6042 for example. Interestingly I had never heard of Ram using their own numbering system LR1 etc. My chassis certainly has no number at all, nor does any of the paperwork around it.
    Cheers

Myles D-W

Yes, that is also an option, many did not have any number at all! I don't think that there is any such thing as a definitive list either having spoken to Adrian about it.

My ram, an SC purchased in 1993 has a plate on the chassis which is behind the drivers side rear wheel, just below the roll hoop mountings, which is 1076 I think as they had made over a 1000 of them according to Mr Cocking at the time of buying it. It wasnt entirely clear whether that was SC's only or with their bardahl and D-type replicas included.

Quote Originally Posted by l'spa ram driver View Post
    My ram, an SC purchased in 1993 has a plate on the chassis which is behind the drivers side rear wheel, just below the roll hoop mountings,
    Same place on my old (1996) chassis (although my memory want to tell me it was on the LH side).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12