Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Indeed you did. And your advice was spot on - two ball joints fitted.. Thanks Dave!

As Uncle Den Tanner once explained to my Father 'oh yes, that's within tolerance sir - you just need a bigger hammer'.

Alex

I recall being told you don't need a hammer to build any part of a cobra. I'm still laughing now. They are all the same. I've cut, welded and re fabricated supplied parts and made my own replacements for nearly all of them.

Enjoy the build and walk away when things get tough. It's always easier the next time you go back to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeara View Post
    Enjoy the build and walk away when things get tough. It's always easier the next time you go back to it.
    Amen to that!

Anyway, by way of an update - I had a call from Dax this morning to give me some advice & pointers on getting the front end together, sort out some other bits and bobs I'd like and for Shaun to reiterate that I could have called, any time, for help & advice from the horses mouth, so to speak..

..can't really say fairer than that when it comes to after-sales service, to be honest! Next time I shall just text them a picture for assistance.

..no, not that kind of picture, don't think they'd appreciate that!
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

If you have got a tremec box to go in your dax just wait until you have to bleed the clutch!not much room seems to come to mind!!thankfully own dax now finished and ready to go to IVA (with a couple of adjustments here and there)!!!good luck with your build. Andy.

Anyway, by way of an update - I had a call from Dax this morning to give me some advice & pointers on getting the front end together, sort out some other bits and bobs I'd like and for Shaun to reiterate that I could have called, any time, for help & advice from the horses mouth, so to speak..

..can't really say fairer than that when it comes to after-sales service, to be honest! Next time I shall just text them a picture for assistance.

..no, not that kind of picture, don't think they'd appreciate that![/QUOTE]

You got through to them?! That is amazing! I have been waiting for over a year for a certificate of newness that doesn't cost them anything and I have asked them a couple of times for. I can't even get through to them.. If I thought their customer service was poor before, now it is just shocking as it is not like there is any money needed to order this and it should of come with the original order (which they messed up anyway). I am glad you have had a good experience Aaron, but I am well past my patience limit with them!!
    John & AJ

Dax DeDion 427sc
    Clarkson 383 with TWM Throttle Boddies, 520BHP 510lb ft
    Canems ECU with electronic TC and imobiliser
    Tremec TKO600 .82
    Jag LSD 3.54, Protech 600 Double Adjustable shocks, Dax Driveshaft upgrade.
    HiSpec Brake upgrade
    Authentic body work by Andy Hatton

Have you got their shop mobile number? That seems to be the easiest way to get hold of them - texts, calls etc either get answered or returned later in my experience so far..
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

No that would be useful, however I shouldn't need to chase so many times, especially as they reassured me several times it would be in the post the next day. It is just a disgusting way to treat a customer, especially after everything else they put me through.
    John & AJ

Dax DeDion 427sc
    Clarkson 383 with TWM Throttle Boddies, 520BHP 510lb ft
    Canems ECU with electronic TC and imobiliser
    Tremec TKO600 .82
    Jag LSD 3.54, Protech 600 Double Adjustable shocks, Dax Driveshaft upgrade.
    HiSpec Brake upgrade
    Authentic body work by Andy Hatton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12