Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimeara View Post
    Apparently it can cause confusion and you could turn your lights off instead of the fog light when driving at night.
    Only if you're a complete idiot.. (not you, Anthony, the "confused driver" ) Then again, travelling down the crystal clear M1 last night it was quite apparent many drivers don't know what fog lamps (front or rear) are for and some think they're a replacement for a blown headlamp (still not as good as the car I saw with only it's nearside fog lamp and off side sidelight working travelling down the M3 in the dead of night!)
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

As we all know they are different in the test and rightly mentioned, no point in making a rod for your own back

Next question regarding savage switches.

Is there a female plug with crimp terminals that fits onto the back? I'm using crimp terminals but I'm not entirely happy with them.

Think it'll be easier to wire the dash with a plug on each switch.

I use the 3.2mm speaker wire crimp terminals to connect to the little pins on the switches. Heat shrink over them to make it look neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeara View Post
    Take the little relay block off of the back. Remove the alloy housing and ring which will then allow you to pull the plastic piece with the logo on it out. The bulb is then visible. Be careful not to delaminate the logo from the plastic it's only stuck on with not very great glue.

Change the bulb and re assemble. But
    Make sure you line the slot on the removed plastic piece with logo on back up with the groove on the recessed barrel part so it clicks back into place properly.

Hope this all makes sense. It's a lot easier than it sounds.

The worst bit is the bulbs are about £5 inc postage and you need a magnifying glass to see them.
    What about the starter button, can't seem to get the ring round the switch?

Quote Originally Posted by cperry View Post
    What about the starter button, can't seem to get the ring round the switch?
    Does anyone know how to get the bulb out of an "engine start" Savage switch, the chrome ring that falls off all the other switches when you remove them seems to be glued onto the engine start button?
    Regards

Craig Perry

No, I'm not "repairing" it, I'm fine tuning its performance.

If it is the larger button I believe it is a sealed unit. Only the smaller switches have changeable bulbs from memory. You could with a very fine pointy object try and pull off the bit you press in as it may come out in the same manner as the smaller switches.
    Last edited by Chimeara; 14-03-16 at 08:19 PM.
    ANTHONY
    Absolute Horsepower Ltd
    Home of the CR427

Quote Originally Posted by cperry View Post
    Does anyone know how to get the bulb out of an "engine start" Savage switch, the chrome ring that falls off all the other switches when you remove them seems to be glued onto the engine start button?
    HI Craig, I have removed mine as I needed to change it a little . I contacted them and it was just held on with a white silicone. I don't believe that it was for sealing though. If worried you could certainly put it back on with the same (white bath sealant!).

Cheers,

Stu
    AK427 Gen III, Ford 347, TKO600
    Build Blog:- stu238-ak427.blogspot.co.uk

I suspected it was glued on, but it feels as though I'm going to break the switch before the glue gives up.

I've left it for now, better things to worry about than that before IVA !
    Regards

Craig Perry

No, I'm not "repairing" it, I'm fine tuning its performance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12