Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobra Insurance

Thanks for the update Robin. It really is a minefield out there.

Andy

I have yet to get insurance for my car, but will be very soon, so this thread is very interesting, can you tell me how you all come to a value for your Cobra for insurance purposes, is it just the price to replace all the parts that you agree too? For example to build your car "parts only" you paid £20k so the insurance agreed value is £20k, or do you go by market value for a similar car?
    AK Gen II - LS 376/480 495 BHP with upgraded long lift cam

Quote Originally Posted by Malawibob View Post
    I have yet to get insurance for my car.....do you go by market value for a similar car?
    The insurer will go with the Market Value of the car, unless you have included an 'Agreed Value' endorsement, which as you'll have read, could work either for or against you.
    Robin.

No longer hard-topped, but still relatively soft-centred...

I've just moved to Hagerty from Heritage. They came in 25% cheaper with better cover and a higher agreed value. I've insured my Dino and Cobra on the same policy and the cost was £742.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by FatBoy View Post
    I've just moved to Hagerty from Heritage. They came in 25% cheaper with better cover and a higher agreed value. I've insured my Dino and Cobra on the same policy and the cost was £742.

Paul
    Useful to know Paul...will need to discuss the DB with them soon
    Now: DB427SC Chassis #3
    Previously: Crendon No 22 Guardsman Blue
    Southern Automotive 452 cu in BBF
    "previously known to this parish "

I think it was around the £500 mark for the Cobra and £200+ for the Ferrari.

Paul

Hi Cobrap.
    I have tried to get the 'garaging' taken off my policy for a while with no success . I mentioned that it would 99% normally be kept in the garage but say I was cleaning it out then would it be OK to leave on the drive . They have always come back and said that it must be garaged every night. What persuasion did you give them to relax the garaging ? Cheers

It means the car should be garaged at night if at home. Ok to be on the drive during the day.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Hi Cobrap.
    I have tried to get the 'garaging' taken off my policy for a while with no success . I mentioned that it would 99% normally be kept in the garage but say I was cleaning it out then would it be OK to leave on the drive . They have always come back and said that it must be garaged every night. What persuasion did you give them to relax the garaging ? Cheers
    I feel like an Agony Aunt 😩
    As Cornplaster said really. But the best advice is to READ YOUR POLICY. It's all in there and if in doubt then call them - and if really necessary then challenge them. It's surprising where a bit of persistence can get you.

I didn't need to persuade anyone. It already stated that I was covered for car not to be garaged if I was away from home, eg on a trip or holiday somewhere. 😉👍
    Last edited by cobrap; 27-03-16 at 01:20 AM.

Thanks corn and Cob !

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast