Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobra Insurance

I had a similar issue on my previous car. All you need is to get a letter from a friendly garage which states they have replaced the engine with the new engine specifying engine number and type and send this to the DVLA. They don't trust us minions but will take the word of a reputable garage. You dont need to explain why etc. Should be fine after that...

I'm interpreting this as the car is down as a rover not the engine? If so then you e already got an issue so I wouldn't have thought changing the cc would make any odds to the legitimacy of the V5...

The insurer needs to be called and it discussed. I spoke to Aplan the other day and they were quite candid about cobra replica cars not being registered correctly...it didn't seem to bother them!

I'm guessing quite a few of us will be looking to renew our insurance soon. Currently with A Plan, but gave FJ a call today and they quoted me circa £195 on a Dax with a 393ci Windsor, 2000 miles p.a. + agreed value @ £36K.
    I am understandby delighted as it's £40 less than last year - and nearly £150 less than the year before that!!
    Robin.

No longer hard-topped, but still relatively soft-centred...

Just renewed my insurance last week with FJ very surprised only £229 for 2k miles and agreed valuation of 40K, this beats Bloors by more than £100
    Documentation through in just a few days.

Forgot to mention 2010 Dax tojeiro with LS2

Just insured a brand new supercharged gen 2 AK as my own car. 2000 miles a year and value of 39k.

Total premium was £186.90 which ain't bad for a 32 year old lad with a clean license

What I don't understand is why our 1.6 diesel golf costs nearly double that per year to insure.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeara View Post
    Just insured a brand new supercharged gen 2 AK as my own car. 2000 miles a year and value of 39k.

Total premium was £186.90 which ain't bad for a 32 year old lad with a clean license

What I don't understand is why our 1.6 diesel golf costs nearly double that per year to insure.
    Who was that with Anthony?

Paul
    AK, on the road Oct 2012

What I can't understand is why you're only insuring for 2000 miles, don't you ever drive them???
    BIG TONE

Mercedes SL owner, definitely NOT a kitcar owner like you lot!

It was footman James.

Insuring it so I can register then sell it so probably won't drive it much at all.

Me too FJ £220 for 36k agreed 3000mls with 3 points. Thats £150 cheaper than last year with Adrian Flux.

Barry

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast