Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 808 View Post
    16 gallon Summit fuel cell going into trunk. Of course I ordered the wrong AN fittings and none of my AN wrenches will fit... . Will block one sump and one vent hole with AN caps. Later add a fuel return line and pressure regulator to it. The mechanical fuel pump stays for the moment.

That seems like it didn’t take long to get to you! Thanks as ever for the interesting Hawaiian culture lesson. Keep ‘em coming!
    Dek

Quote Originally Posted by Dek View Post
    That seems like it didn’t take long to get to you! Thanks as ever for the interesting Hawaiian culture lesson. Keep ‘em coming!
    Dek
    Aloha Dek. Thanks for the props. I enjoy showing (off) a little bit of hawaiian life. I enjoy doing it and hope that my readers enjoy getting a glimpse of pacific live with an occasional car theme.

I lived in the South of England for six months when I was a 16 year old kid in the dreary eighties. Yes there was water...but it was grey...rain and wind is cold and the sun did not warm and we heated the cottage with coal. I think the town was called Lymington. A very stark contrast to me back then. Loved the chips, beer, red top milk, Britneys, smoking movietheaters, punk, cheese and the real kiosks with loads of mags and really hated kidney pie and the industrial breakfast sausage. Visited London about 4 years ago. Too many tourists.

Hi Ollie
    At least you were here in the 80’s. A good time. Lymington on the coast in Hampshire is a lovely place, close to the New Forest. Yes chips and beer are our national delicacies! Some would also include steak and kidney pie but not me. The whole country has become much more populated, with lots of roads often gridlocked and covered by speed cameras (sorry safety cameras) so enjoying our performance cars is increasingly difficult.
    I remember going on a Hawaiian cruise some years ago and talking to a middle aged chap on a tourist information desk,originally from Pennsylvania, who told me his dad paid for him to go to Hawaii after he graduated and he never returned! When he showed photos of the shore from his house I understood why. This weekend here is supposed to be quite warm as hot air from Spain is being dragged up so might reach low 20’s. Chilly at nights though as I sit in front of a log burner but the sunset is nice.
    Dek
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Ollie
    At least you were here in the 80’s. A good time. Lymington on the coast in Hampshire is a lovely place, close to the New Forest. Yes chips and beer are our national delicacies! Some would also include steak and kidney pie but not me. The whole country has become much more populated, with lots of roads often gridlocked and covered by speed cameras (sorry safety cameras) so enjoying our performance cars is increasingly difficult.
    I remember going on a Hawaiian cruise some years ago and talking to a middle aged chap on a tourist information desk,originally from Pennsylvania, who told me his dad paid for him to go to Hawaii after he graduated and he never returned! When he showed photos of the shore from his house I understood why. This weekend here is supposed to be quite warm as hot air from Spain is being dragged up so might reach low 20’s. Chilly at nights though as I sit in front of a log burner but the sunset is nice.
    Dek
    Beautiful pic! 80s wasnt all bad but close... Chips - still wrapped in old newspapers? Speedcams and CCTV - Big Brother? Must suck with a Cobra at hand. Here only handheld speedcams and almost no cops on south eastern shore. Mostly busy with stopping cars driving on the wrong side of the road and politely telling japanese, australian and british tourists to drive on the right side. I make it a habit to look left and right before crossing the street on foot . New black striped silver Cobra on Island. The guy driving it looks like the Virigin guy.

Am in the same boat with the guy you talked too. "Fresh of the boat" and stayed. Many people stories start and end like his and mine. When I was five - I got a book about Maui for christmas. Who the fuck gives such a gift to a five year old living landlocked in a freezing climate you might think... I turned out to be the best gift ever and that book was my goto happy place for many years - lush greens, crazy fruits, turquoises, blues, fish, maui cruisers, surfing, babes and I still have it. Here since 1992. My kids are half japanese - Hapa as we call them. it was a conscious decision to stay here. Its a better world for them here.

Northafrican and Spain produce a lot of hot air -- scorchio. So that is about the distance of 1100 miles, Big Island to Johnston atoll. Gulf of Biscayne and Gulfstream keeping temps up? Look like a really big weathersystem. 20f is freezing. Logburner - cool want one too. Here people wear layers if it drops below 79F. I am wearing shirt, fleece, long trousers and socks right now. We call it fashion weather - you can actuall wear something else than thin shorts, tee and slippers (flip flops) and that feels good. Wearing slippers allthetime ruins your ankles and sides of your feet. Special weather conditions for the next five days. Means a lot of rain plus VOG (volcanic smog) turning the first few hours of rainfall into sour rain. That eats straight through your cars top coat. So after every rain - you wash your car...

Thunderstorm and tropical rain for the next five days. Hilo is the second wettest city in the US. Baystreet will flood as will the 5 soccerfields (soccer happens next to downtown. Its important here) and then drain into the ocean. Dry tomorrow. Most of the water managagement is 1910-1930 Hawaiian Kingdom and republican Protectorate. They did a great job and it still works perfectly.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...o#.WeBbpjA3hEY

<rant>Sadly Trump is about to break NOAA. Without the NOAA forecasts many sailors will die, the knowledgebase destroyed. Its like he thinks that by not keeping tabs the CC will not happen. Completely avoidable and pointless. Just as leaving Unesco. Most of us feel violated but secretly grin because Mar A Lago will be renamed Bikini Bottom.</rant>

Iron Man today, north of Kona in the Lavafields... Safe race for everyone. Overcast, windy,rainy and cool. Great for running. Swimming will be harsh. Cycling with extended handlebars and slicks in rain on roads with the typical american oilfilm...

Hi Ollie
    Most of our weather is usually determined by the Gulf Stream coming over the Atlantic but occasionally warm air is dragged up from Southern Europe as now then next week we are getting the tail end of Hurricane Ophelia off the Atlantic. Heavy rain strong winds and potential damage is predicted. We have our own winter fashion wear consisting of anoraks, scarves, gloves and wellies!
    Interesting to hear of your journey to Hawaii being similar. When you get there it certainly makes you evaluate life and the ‘rat race’ here and what is important. Did you emigrate from the UK?
    Another Cobra on the island is a good thing to add to the already huge collection of interesting motors. Perhaps it is ‘beardy Branson’ relocating from his destroyed home in Nekker island. Do you see your old Cobra still? I did like that.
    Didn’t know about VOG but seems to stand to reason. We just have to put up with bird shit which can be a big problem near the coast.
    Love the term hapa. Hawaiian speak must contain many more just to confuse us tourists! Hope you get the Rebel running and on the road soon.
    Dek

Hi Ollie
    Most of our weather is usually determined by the Gulf Stream coming over the Atlantic but occasionally warm air is dragged up from Southern Europe as now then next week we are getting the tail end of Hurricane Ophelia off the Atlantic. Heavy rain strong winds and potential damage is predicted. We have our own winter fashion wear consisting of anoraks, scarves, gloves and wellies!
    Interesting to hear of your journey to Hawaii being similar. When you get there it certainly makes you evaluate life and the ‘rat race’ here and what is important. Did you emigrate from the UK?
    Another Cobra on the island is a good thing to add to the already huge collection of interesting motors. Perhaps it is ‘beardy Branson’ relocating from his destroyed home in Nekker island. Do you see your old Cobra still? I did like that.
    Didn’t know about VOG but seems to stand to reason. We just have to put up with bird shit which can be a big problem near the coast.
    Love the term hapa. Hawaiian speak must contain many more just to confuse us tourists! Hope you get the Rebel running and on the road soon.
    Dek
    Yes, all emigrants here - oldcomers and newcomers. The Mayflower kind is making problems right now

Not seen my Cobra. Is parking 70 miles away. Vog gets mostly blown out on ocean. People living near active Kilauea have healthproblems. Allergypills help against symptoms.

No seagulls here. Gecko poop is a big problem. Its theyr primary weapon when clinging to the ceiling and they target you.

Hawaii Grill in harbor. Purple goo is Poi. Ground Taro, slightly sour. Goes with sweet haupio coconut jelly on left. Raw tuna in middle, brown rice and lau lau. Lau Lau is lightly seasoned pork packed in tarot leaves and then steamed. Alternatively...buy a piglet, wrap in taro leaves, dig a hole in beach and add your hot lava rocks in the pit. We have a beach where this is done regularly. The beach sand smells like bacon. Quite trippy.

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast