Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    My wife and I were there yesterday too! Saw the same fishermen and walked around the castle.
    It was a lovely day, been years since I have been back to Pompey, was there regularly in my Navy days,
    indeed this was a brief visit for an ASWI Association AGM, Dinner and Dance at the Royal Beach Hotel.
    What a coincidence! As you say a lovely day for a stroll along the prom. If I’d seen you I could have said “hello sailor”.
    Dek

"Earthquakes continued in the area of the rift zone from Highway 130 eastward towards Kapoho. Many events were felt by residents and there have been reports of nearly constant ground vibration in some areas. There is a general trend of migration of seismicity eastward. "

For about two months now. P-waves increasing in seismicity. (Primary wave).

Feel and hear it and it makes you feel uneasy, unrest and almost invoking a flight reaction. Its right at the hearing threshold. 5 -15hz.

Direction is Saddle to Hilo. Epicenter is Kau'u desert between Base and first cindercone. Seismically active during lava, none after lava...now increased to 4-7 times a day.

Light and short events troughout the day. Horizontal vibration. Followed by a weak shear wave (S-wave). Undulating, 30sec to 1 min and vector is Saddle to Hilo.
    Predicted the trend eastwards based on my data. 5 km down from the Saddle and only 3,5 km down from sealevel Hilo. I expected it to go much slower. Not so.
    Once I collect current 100 datapoints from USGS I will run another FEA. 1 km wide, 5km long cells from base to ocean.

Welcome back Ollie. All sounds pretty confusing to me but sounds like you understand it! Who gives the order to run and where to?
    Dek

We’ve got light drizzle here

Quote Originally Posted by stokeflyer View Post
    LOL. Very good.

Quote Originally Posted by stokeflyer View Post
    Brilliant.
    By coincidence I was thinking about Ollie’s posts today and how interesting it is that although the seismic activity continues, there have been few reports in the Uk media since the initial eruption. Keep the reports coming - they are far more interesting than the political machinations we are having to endure at the moment - even if the word seismic could also be used to describe them as we tear ourselves away from our continent without any recourse to tectonic plates.
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 545535455