Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mot

As you say no I am not an IVA tester, But I've been through it and I know what I produced and I don't need an MOT for 3 years,same as all the people I know on here that went through it at approx same time as me.
    However the DVLA are law unto them selves and seem to change the rules at will,so who knows what will happen in Craig's case.

And by the way I don't need snide comments from you thank you.

Rog
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    The key word was enough but as you are a IVA tester I bow to your better judgement

Neville

Mine was iva'd then registered as age related aswell as this as i provided a cert of the engine block age had in notes emmissions visual test only, also no mot req for the first 3 years.

My recommendation is, MOT it anyway whether it needs it or not.

If all it does is make sure your car is (relatively) safe (at point of test) for you and yours it's worth the money.
    Regards

Craig Perry

No, I'm not "repairing" it, I'm fine tuning its performance.

If you can build your own car im sure you would be able to check it for any issues as well as or better than an mot tester AND more than once a year anyway😃 maybe for someone who just buys one and doesnt have much mechanical knowledge could be a sensible idea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12