Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mot

Hybrid View

Mot

Hi lads, just a quicky, as the IVA is for new built cars do we still have to get it MOTed before the first 3 years as in line with prodution cars.
    And if so does it have to be done before the IVA or after.

Colin

Your MOT will be due 3 years after first registration as set on the V5 by the DVLA once you have passed the IVA test.

Rog
    AK 427 SC now sold. New ride is a 57 Chevy Bel Air Big Block 454

Hi, Read my previous blog from the DVLA, If the car passes the test with two major components from the doner car, and issued with an age related number plate, providing photos to prove the build + receipts, you will not require and Mot for the first three years or if the car is built with all new parts you will get a present day number plate and not require an Mot for 3 years. If the car is built with all used parts you will then get a "Q" plate and an Mot required (weather after an IVA test I am not shore)

Neville

PS, If your aiming for an age related plate you will need proof of when the engine was made Pre 1992/3, after that I believe it will be liable for a catalitic converter

Neville

I thought that's what I just said ! You will get a Q plate if you have no V5 from a donor vehicle and the parts are from unknown origin IE from various vehicles and second hand. If you want a present day reg number then you must produce receipts for all the new parts, you are allowed only 1 reconditioned part, this could be the engine for example.

Rog

Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Hi, Read my previous blog from the DVLA, If the car passes the test with two major components from the doner car, and issued with an age related number plate, providing photos to prove the build + receipts, you will not require and Mot for the first three years or if the car is built with all new parts you will get a present day number plate and not require an Mot for 3 years. If the car is built with all used parts you will then get a "Q" plate and an Mot required (weather after an IVA test I am not shore)

Neville
    AK 427 SC now sold. New ride is a 57 Chevy Bel Air Big Block 454

I had an age related plate on my old Sumo.

When I registered it after IVA I bought 6 months tax at the same time, I was told by DVLA it would need MOT'ing when I wanted to purchase the next tax disk (ie 6 months later).

First tax disk issued with IVA cert, next one issued with MOT, which seemed to make sense to me.

Maybe it's all changed now there are no tax disks and from what Roge says, maybe I was mis-informed.

I'm hoping to go for IVA in the next few weeks, I'll ask when I get there.
    Regards

Craig Perry

No, I'm not "repairing" it, I'm fine tuning its performance.

Hi, As i explained before, you have been given an age related plate but did you supply enough receipts and photo,s? if not it would explain why you need an Mot

Neville

As you say no I am not an IVA tester, But I've been through it and I know what I produced and I don't need an MOT for 3 years,same as all the people I know on here that went through it at approx same time as me.
    However the DVLA are law unto them selves and seem to change the rules at will,so who knows what will happen in Craig's case.

And by the way I don't need snide comments from you thank you.

Rog
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    The key word was enough but as you are a IVA tester I bow to your better judgement

Neville

Mine was iva'd then registered as age related aswell as this as i provided a cert of the engine block age had in notes emmissions visual test only, also no mot req for the first 3 years.

My recommendation is, MOT it anyway whether it needs it or not.

If all it does is make sure your car is (relatively) safe (at point of test) for you and yours it's worth the money.
    Regards

Craig Perry

No, I'm not "repairing" it, I'm fine tuning its performance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast