boot lock fitting advice needed

Can anyone give me any advice on fitting the boot lock on the ak gen II as the manual has no worth while advice?
    AK GenII, collected 11th September 2015, passed IVA March 22nd 2017, On the road Friday 28th April 2017.
    LS6 468.4 bhp, 440 ft/lbs on the Dyno
    Canems ECU

Blog: http://markscobra.blogspot.co.uk

I just followed the pictures and instructions in Chapter 8 and all went well.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilGregson View Post
    I just followed the pictures and instructions in Chapter 8 and all went well.
    how did you measure for the access hole for the handle to ensure it wasn't too high for the number plate to fit?
    AK GenII, collected 11th September 2015, passed IVA March 22nd 2017, On the road Friday 28th April 2017.
    LS6 468.4 bhp, 440 ft/lbs on the Dyno
    Canems ECU

Blog: http://markscobra.blogspot.co.uk

The position of the handle is determined by the latch mechanism and the engagement with u-bolt in the boot. From memory I don't think you have much choice. Drop me a PM with your e-mail address if you want some pictures. But today if possible as the car goes off for painting tomorrow. It's a 'feature' of the AK that the number plate won't fit between the handle and the light, you'll need to accommodate for this at the IVA

Could I also ask for help please a photo would be great
    I think I'm going to raise the number plate light a bit
    to cure the gap problem could you tell me what the measurement is or is it just the number plate size and no gap
    Dave

As Andy has said, the hole for the handle is set by the location of the boot catch. You have to fit the catch first and then drill the hole for the lock to fit and the square bar to locate into the catch mechanism. The location of the catch is also dictated if you are having stripes as the handle needs to finish in the middle of them.
    Best anti speeding device - a rear view mirror with a police car in it.
    A pedestrian - someone who thought there was still a couple of gallons in the tank.
    AK Chassis and body collected 12.12.14

Here's few photos for you.

http://s102.photobucket.com/user/cra...?sort=3&page=1

You can get an extension piece from AK to make the light the correct height to fit a number plate. It doesn't look very pretty, but I certainly WOULD NOT remove it and send it back to AK 10 minutes after IVA.
    Regards

Craig Perry

No, I'm not "repairing" it, I'm fine tuning its performance.