Brake/rear light.

I have the following brake/rear light. How do I wore them so I have stop and rear light together? Any other suggestions? I am looking for small diameter lights as have remounded the rear fibreglass body and need smaller lights. I found these with matching indicator lights from CBS. But no instructions, the indicator is straightforward enough.

Help please.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    AK Gen II

Chevy 350

Tremec TKO 500

Aren't they single filament bulbs? If so then you are SOL I'm afraid
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

Modern cars use a single filament bulb to do 2 things but they have a ecu to control it.
    Andy

Dax De Dion 350 sbc

Only way would be building a circuit with a resistor and a diode to use it .dont cbs do one with dual filament they were used on various classic cars so easy to get

Should be possible I think, if you use a bright bulb (21 watt??) connected to your brakeswitch directly, and mount a resistor in your tail light feed cable so it will be maybe half as bright. I think normal taillight is 5 watts, so draws about 0,4 A, so think an additional inline resistor should be around 9 Ohm to reduce brightness by half? Your feeds for tail and stop would than be connected to one side of the lamp, other side to earth. Don't see yhe need for a diode, is there a problem in both cables to one side of the lamp and therefor to eachother? I'm not sure regulation would allow this by the way, as if your lamp is defect, you would loose both functions??

Best Regards, Theo
    Not for the faint hearted, not for the shy...

I'm afraid you've been sold a pup! The light you have is only suitable for use as a brake light. Have a look here and choose a Stop & Tail from here. http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/category/single-lenses/
    Cheers, Clive

(If I'm not here, I'm either in my new workshop or on the golf course!)

i havent seen a dual filament bulb for that fitting for a long time.
    DAX DE DION

"Powered By Ford"

needs to be double wired for stop and brake circuit. thats a single circuit lamp unit.
    DAX DE DION

"Powered By Ford"

Thanks guys, didn't get any email notifications so didn't realise anyone responded. My mistake ordering the wrong part again!! Ordered stop and tail light now!!