Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I've never met tonym but I do know he does a great deal of work for this club and his comments should not always be taken seriously. He might drive a footballers wife's car now 😉😉but he does know his plastic Cobras.
    Keep up the good work Tony.

Andy
    Last edited by corn plaster; 08-11-16 at 11:43 AM.

Big Tone ,
    You are pictured getting out of a blue Cobra in May 15 magazine ? You had no need to point out who you are as I was well aware though admittedly not when I first replied .However it means diddly squat to me about you your achievements in the club when taking you on . That does in no way mean that i do not respect the work and dedication you put into this club , i truly do .
    Me , sadly can offer nothing as I am purely a driver but will not back down to anyone just because they are senior to me , have more clout or are more popular than me. In fact those alone will make me dig in more.
    I come from an occupation that relied on banter to get us through some difficult times and my user name probably gives you a clue as to what that may have been ? Also my name is TONY and I was born in 63 !!! I stand by what I said in that you should have offered Paul advice before taking the pi55 . after all you are extremely knowledgeable . Paul has had some unfortunate happenings with his Cobra and i don't think you were at all helpful with your input . Like i mentioned in an earlier post ,give some help, then rip into him !
    However I am happy to let you have this one as we can all make mistakes and E Mails can be misinterpreted . Think we need to move on and maybe when we meet you can educate me a little on these cars that though i love, have very little knowledge .

Group hug time please!

Tony (Booty) - a good rule of thumb on this forum is to check someone's post count when you take exception to a specific post - if it's obviously offensive then hit the "Report" button (triangular exclamation mark) and I'll review/delete/ban/whatever, if you've taken it as antagonistic (and the poster has a zillion posts to his name) then it is always wise to see how others react first

Regards

Jim (ex Bleep )
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

After all that I would go get my coat...

Still about the subject...
    I recently installed a Edelbrock carb to my plastic shed made kit car.
    Its a 600 and I had a 700 before.
    Electric choke on both of them.
    I also found it difficult to start the 350 chevy, after a long non driving period.
    There is an electric fuel pump in the car, which I installed, after removing the provebial mechanical one.
    I also have a switch to override the function of the pump. She´s connected to the oil pressure sender as a precaution.
    If there is no oil pressure the pump will not function.
    Generaly, in the recent past, I would switch the pump on before cranking the motor. Fill the carb and then start.
    Mind you, here in Cascais, Portugal, The temp is never so low. I had and also now have in the new carb, an electric working choke.
    The old chevy never started easy with the old carb.
    But now, after a couple of turns of the starter, it fires up chop-chop.
    I also adjusted the timming.
    That did it for me.
    The new carb is more than suficient for the old chevy and I would go as far to say it drinks less and does not drown the engine when I put the foot to the floor.
    Last edited by Delfim; 08-11-16 at 02:15 PM.

Shamrock Cobra, 350 Chevy, still running. Now with a new edelbrock carb,and new brakes.

Hey Jim ,
    Royal sigs hey , Wonder if we ever were somewhere in the world together unbeknown ?
    Not much offends me much in life other than those who insist upon wearing a cherry berry !!
    Point taken , and in hindsight maybe a little protective ? I shall heed you wise words and delay getting to the 'start line' quite so quickly in future .
    Pint of IPA ( love that stuff) on the bar for you Tone if we should meet ?

IPA is good thanks Tone, I'll buy the second! Never found an alcohol that I didn't like.........unless it was home made.........in a shed 😆😆😈

Suppose you have to laugh ......... I thought you were some troll ( i obviously had not checked your posts or number of them ) so can you imagine my face when i clicked on your profile and saw that you were just about related to Shelby and responsible for the read that i had taken to the beach with me yesterday !!!!! Hope you can understand me jumping in like that but as i mentioned i am fiercely protective . Which can be an extremely good thing ......... Or bad !

LOL at Tonym
    Best Regards

Robert

Crossed over for a while - Overlanding - Some people are just like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by robert View Post
    LOL at Tonym
    Long time no see or speak Rob, hope you are ok??
    Last edited by tonym; 08-11-16 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tonym View Post
    IPA is good thanks Tone, I'll buy the second! Never found an alcohol that I didn't like.........unless it was home made.........in a shed ���������������� �
    Best post I've seen on here for ages. Made me laugh!
    Les

Sumo Chevy 350. IVA Passed first time 16th September 2014
    Registered and on the road 31 October 2014

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast