Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    the above definitely is the simplest but so many rover ecu's are now rubbish which is why I suggested megasquirt, which can be triggered from the distributor so no crank trigger required if you wanted to go this way.

Quote Originally Posted by tonym View Post
    the above definitely is the simplest but so many rover ecu's are now rubbish which is why I suggested megasquirt, which can be triggered from the distributor so no crank trigger required if you wanted to go this way.
    Possibly but this would mean sorting spark and fuel at the same time, not what everyone wants to do.
    Also means keeping one source of error in the ignition timing, the backlash between crank and distributor shaft.
    the still seems to be a good supply of ECUs and they are not the "black box" they used to be.
    You pays your money, ya takes your choice.

I understand what you mean about error in the ignition system but that error will still be there using a rover ecu. With an aftermarket one there is the ability to change to a crank trigger at a later date if needed. It may all be too nothing though as I'm not sure changing to efi will clean up the emissions that much compared to clever tweaking of the current carbs!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12