French stickers!

No, not a spelling mistake...I picked this up from the RAC website: http://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/law-change-for-uk-drivers-in-french-cities/

Apparently, and I quote:
    "Windscreen stickers which show a vehicle’s emissions levels have become a legal requirement in several key French cities including Paris.
    "British drivers heading to the France capital are advised by the RAC that driving without a France 'clean air' sticker – which costs as little as £3.20 – makes them culpable for an on-the-spot fine of up to £117."

It also goes on to say that:
    "The Crit’Air initiatives require all cars, motorbikes and lorries to display a windscreen sticker relating to their green credentials.On days in the cities where pollution levels are particularly high, it is those which emit the highest levels of harmful gasses which will be denied entry.
    Vehicles have been classed in six categories; from Crit’Air 1 (electric and hydrogen-powered vehicles) to Crit’Air 6 (mostly older, diesel cars). These categories correspond to the EU emission standards set 25 years ago when Euro-1 was introduced. To complete an online application, drivers will need to know their vehicle’s European Emissions Standard."

So then, good luck to anyone intending taking their Cobra to France. So which damned 'Euro' category do our cars fit into then?
    Last edited by cobrap; 26-01-17 at 10:25 PM.
    Robin.

No longer hard-topped, but still relatively soft-centred...

looks like the Le Mans Classic is stuffed then - although it does just seem to be Paris related rather than France in general?

Some vehicles aren't assigned to any category, meaning they're banned from driving in the city from Monday to Friday between 8am and 8pm. These include any that are registered from earlier than 1997, scooters and motorbikes from before June 1st 2000, and trucks and buses from before 2001.
    Last edited by nealgs; 27-01-17 at 09:15 AM.
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) SRV8 with 383ci stroker chevy. Polishes: 3 | Breakdowns: 1 | SORNs : 1)

It only applies to Paris I believe, not the whole of France.

Paul

yep, agreed Paul - just read a bit further on the reports
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) SRV8 with 383ci stroker chevy. Polishes: 3 | Breakdowns: 1 | SORNs : 1)

Currently Paris, Lyon and Grenoble. But it does also say that "As many as 22 other French towns have signalled their interest in making a similar move over the next three years."

Let's hope Calais don't go down this route or we will all be stuffed!!
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

There is no European Emmision standard for Cobras or Kit cars unless they are going to go on the engines in them.
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 4 Litre Rover V8

I DONT NEED GOOGLE. MY WIFE KNOWS EVERYTHING

English version of the web site not available until end of Feb, difficult to apply if you don't read French. RAC advice to use a translator add on is not much good as they only translate the page you are trying to read, Google translate won't let you go through the form.

Graham.

English version now on the web site https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/ but you have to upload a copy of your registration certificate! Not too sure about that, bad enough plod over here knowing everything about you and your car, not sure I want the French Police (the ones with guns) knowing the same.