Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks buddy

Hi Connor, where are you based mate? Was looking at a project to do a bit later on due to a business venture. But if the price is right I might be able to bring my plans to buy a project forward. So do I understand correctly that car was originally running and registered for the road so no need for an SVA test? just restoration?

Cheers Mark

Hi buddy

Car just needs restoration yes.

However I have a gentleman coming over from Europe on Wed's who I believe will be taking it home with him..

Will update if anything changes.

Hi Connor,

Thanks for the reply. Ironically albeit i am a brit I live in Sweden. So my plan would also be to bring it back to Sweden. I just noticed that its a Q plate. Is there any reason why your Dad registered it as a Q plate rather than an age related plate from the donor car. Only reason I ask is it can devalue the car quite a lot if its a Q plate. No worries regardless and just let me know the outcome mate.

Many thanks

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markyg View Post
    Hi Connor,

Thanks for the reply. Ironically albeit i am a brit I live in Sweden. So my plan would also be to bring it back to Sweden. I just noticed that its a Q plate. Is there any reason why your Dad registered it as a Q plate rather than an age related plate from the donor car. Only reason I ask is it can devalue the car quite a lot if its a Q plate. No worries regardless and just let me know the outcome mate.

Many thanks

Mark
    I have no idea mate, believe it was already registered before his ownership

One thing to realise is that once a car has a Q plate it is stuck with it.
    Cannot be put on a private plate or anything else.
    Probably the original builder couldn't be bothered with the minimal paperwork required to get age related.
    It's a shame.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

Quote Originally Posted by kdavies3 View Post
    Probably the original builder couldn't be bothered with the minimal paperwork required to get age related.
    It's a shame.
    Quite possibly not true as I've alluded to before. The situation was very different prior to SVA (pre 199 if you did not have a donor car / V5.
    A Q plate does not imply that the builder was lazy or the car was built to a poor standard.
    Steve Brown

CRC Regional Rep - East Anglia

Agreed Steve, wasn't trying to suggest that the build was sub-standard in any way.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

Hi guys, the reason for my question to Connor ref Q plate is i now live and work in Sweden and if a car has a "normal/age related plate" then it's straightforward to get it registered on Swedish plates and pass the basic tests over here. Not sure how they will deal with a Q plate reg though. That however is not the big problem as i think they do have equivelant q plate over here. My plan however was to do a top restoration and put a big V8 chevy engine or modern LS, plus top interior and paint job etc. However as a Q plate or Swedish equivalent, i think I might be throwing money away doing a top resto as it will always rightly or wrongly have the stigma of a kit car and affect any possibly resale value further down the line. As mentioned pre 1990 it was a different thing regarding so called "kit cars" and especially compared to the standard and quality you see now days.

But good luck to Comnor as I think he has found a buyer anyway. 👍

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12