Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question DashCams - Which would you recommend ?

I see too many idiots on the road in my daily drive and one day I'm going to get hit again and wish I'd got one of these.

Ideally I'd like it small, with sound, in colour, decent frame rate, reasonable resolution and a rolling recording system where it just wipes off the old footage. If it can be powered from the fag lighter socket that would be useful.

Which would you recommend, why, how much was it and are there any other features you think it should have ?
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

II have one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/E-PRANCE-Am...ywords=Eprance

or similar, was 2 years ago so probably an earlier model. Easy to fit and seems to do a good job. Not sure how much value the recordings are though.

Hi

Did a lot of research I ended going for Viofo A119S 1080p 2k version . The last "s" letter is for the latest sony version sensor for better night version . The standard Viofo A119 has a hi-res 4k camera but night is not as good which might not matter .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spy-Tec-A11...dash+cam+A119s

I've got a couple of these:

https://eu.mio.com/en_gb/mivue-658-wifi.htm

I've been very pleased with them. The video quality is excellent and the software is brilliant. This model also comes with speed camera alerts and has a park facility so that the camera will record events even when you're parked.

Paul

I used an SJCam 4000 and have just bought the newer SJCam 6000 Legend. Both have Wifi.
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 4 Litre Rover V8

I DONT NEED GOOGLE. MY WIFE KNOWS EVERYTHING

If you can't still decide which one to get, try to visit dashcamtalk. Lots of reviews and info there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I used an SJCam 4000 and have just bought the newer SJCam 6000 Legend. Both have Wifi.
    SJCam 4000 is still a really nice camera, never had any issues with wifi. It's a bit cheaper that the newer version, great buy for an entry level dash cam.

I'm looking for something to record a trackday, unless the mic is next to the exhaust cant see how it would be much use when at speed?

Cheers Clive
    On On

Quote Originally Posted by clive a brown View Post
    I'm looking for something to record a trackday, unless the mic is next to the exhaust cant see how it would be much use when at speed?

Cheers Clive

Do you mean, to record it whilst watching or recording whilst in the car?
    The SJ Cam can be fitted anywhere. I fitted mine once on the front bars
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 4 Litre Rover V8

I DONT NEED GOOGLE. MY WIFE KNOWS EVERYTHING

Thinkware.com. S770 best all day long. Wifi and camera runs after ignition off with powerdown battery save feature, full HD WIFI set up and SD card, so if someone hit your car whilst you not there, GOTCHA! Wakes up on front motion detect, Rear camera can intreface with front for the daily driver.

Dash cams is one of the things i do for a living, also smart witness. Just fitted x 7 this morning

Graham

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast