East Midlands Cobra Club

East Midlands Papplewick Pumping Station and Underground Reservoir Visit. April 16th

Papplewick Pumping Station, Rigg Lane, Ravenshead, Nottingham. NG15 9AJ

I now have confirmation and detail of the visit to Papplewick. As you are aware this is Easter weekend but we need to attend on a ''Steaming Day'' to get full benefit of the tour.
    We have been given a special price of £8/person for a group booking. This is a saving of £4/head. The £8 includes both the pumping station and the reservoir. If anyone does not want to go to the reservoir then we still have to pay the £8/person. I have to pay this up front so commitment is required!
    We have also been given permission to park up the private driveway toward the station. Cars must be pointing back down the hill for safety reasons. Also we have to arrive by 10-15am when the gates will be opened for us to allow us to park safely before the crowds gather!
    We will be first on the bus to take us to the reservoir that leaves at 11am. I am assured the architecture and brickwork in the underground reservoir is superb! We will be back at the pumping station by 11.45am approx.. This then allows approximately 2hrs to look around the station and have a walk around the lake before departing for food.
    To be on the safe side, a venue for food should be booked for 2-15pm. As it is Easter weekend, I have to get a table booked soon or else it will be jam sandwiches! There are options of eateries within 15 minutes of the station.

Anyone in the club can attend but if not in a Cobra they will have to park in the normal car park

If the weather is bad and we have to turn up in tin tops then we need to arrive by 10-30am and park in the normal car park.

I have the following names down so far so if there is any change then please let me know soonest. Any further members wishing to join us are more than welcome. We may have one or two cars from the Northern Group joining us so it could be a good meet.

1. Charlie & Audrey
    2. Simon & Cath - Northern Group
    3. Russ
    4. Pete & Linda
    5. Paul (Seph)
    6. Lionel & Karen
    7. Ian & Kathleen
    8. Pete Robertson
    9. Lee & Angie
    10. Graham & Debs
    11. Charlie & Anthony

Cheers
    Charlie
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Hi Charlie,
    Can you put me and a plus one down for this please👍
    Thanks
    Rich

Noted Rich.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by stokeflyer View Post
    Hi Charlie,
    Can you put me and a plus one down for this please������
    Thanks
    Rich
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

One for me too please Charlie.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by minesamalt View Post
    One for me too please Charlie.

Roger
    Make that 2 please my friend.

Roger

Sorted Roger

Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by minesamalt View Post
    Make that 2 please my friend.

Roger