Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chassis for sale like Acton, Kirkham

I have a chassis for sale. It's for aluminium body i think it's a copy of Kirkham frame. Pick up in Poland or i can arrange shipping.

Make offer on prv.

THX

You have only one post so some people would like some photos . They can make more of a judgment .

I'll have it!!

I'm just waiting for some funds coming through from the finance minister of Nigeria. They should be with me soon as i gave him my bank details a week or so back on an email.

Hand luggage?

Andy

I will make better photos in few days, have to take it outside.
    Few years in storage, some surface rust.
    I will powder coated it for a new owner.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The problem will be what to do with it Gutek. With no body or suspension, the task of turning it into a working car would be a challenge. Not impossible but not for the faint hearted either.

If it is a very good copy, then you may find a taker in one of the Polish aluminium Cobra body manufacturers?

You may get more interest if you post up some pics using Photobucket links.
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

I tried to post pics but waiting for administrator check my post. I try diferent way.

It was few years storage, some surface rust, i can powder coated for a new owner.
    I will make some better photos but i have to take it outside.

Yes it would be a chllenge but not imposible. Suspension it's not a problem i think. I think someone make bodys in Poland but many firms are out of bussines since registration regulations in Poland change in 2013.
    DB Replicas makes aluminium Cobras so parts can be bougth i think.
    I'll put it on ebay if no one is interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by tommy-boy View Post
    I'll have it!!

I'm just waiting for some funds coming through from the finance minister of Nigeria. They should be with me soon as i gave him my bank details a week or so back on an email.
    The Finance minister married Mrs Olongo Bongbo the millionaress who is donating money to people in the UK.
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 3.5 Litre Rover V8 Towing an Eriba Puck Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Barnes View Post
    The problem will be what to do with it Gutek. With no body or suspension, the task of turning it into a working car would be a challenge. Not impossible but not for the faint hearted either.

If it is a very good copy, then you may find a taker in one of the Polish aluminium Cobra body manufacturers?

You may get more interest if you post up some pics using Photobucket links.
    And some VRY detailed shots of the welding
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 3.5 Litre Rover V8 Towing an Eriba Puck Caravan

This could very well be a Kirkham chassis or one of the copies made nearby. I would drive there and have a look, and then let him bring it.
    You can fit another body on it, no problem. I fitted Contemporary bodies (or copies there off) to original chassis. Suspension drawings can be acquired - at a price (I have them). And the components to fit are available overseas (no, I won'T make them). Not cheap either!

Not sure how much a Kirkham chassis sells for, but this copy could be a bargain. And I am sure you get a good Vodka there, too!

There is an adapter kit to mount XJ differential, and the steering rack is basically MGB. I can get you rear uprights cast, but I won't maschine them.
    I have no source for front uprights.

What I am saying is, you can buiild a very authentic Cobra, saving on the chassis, but spending the same as for a Kirkham on components - and you still won't have one.
    Is it worth it? If I had the money, I would take it. Because welding this chassis is very tedious. And I do have all the other drawings or can source the components to finish it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast