Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmamba View Post
    Hi Paul,
    Thanks for the in depth reply and thanks for including the figures. That's really appreciated.

Yes, hugely undecided about what I want. Well to be honest - Cobra is definitely my first choice, but I really cant justify at this stage dropping £25-30K on one. £20k at a push, yes.

The 996 turbo is a really nice looking car, especially in silver - but I know what you mean about it. Still - you got a ridiculously good ROI on that! Well done! I know that buying a Cobra would never see returns like that - at least not as quickly as that.

I toyed with the idea about 4-5 years ago of buying a 993 Turbo. There was a cracking one for sale black, with full Porsche history/stamps for £16-18K. I just looked them up now and some of them are £95K! :O

I probably wont be looking at the bike powered cars, but they were just on my mind due to the fact that they are much cheaper. There are a lot of very nice replicas that i like the looks of, such as the 550/718 RSK, Ferrari 330 P4, Ferrari 250 GTO, Asoton Martin DBR1, GT40, Cobras etc. But realistically for the price I am looking at the only realistic ones are 550/718s, 250 GTO and Cobra.
    Non replica - I'd be looking at probably TVRs.

I dont really want to be buying a sporty little car as an investment - although it would be awesome if it shoots up in value, as it could open up doors for more exciting things later on.

I will have spare money left over. I am in the final stages now of selling my boat (40ft sailing boat) which will free up some more capital. At the end of April I would probably have about £50K or so in the bank. I have already paid off a lot on my mortgage (around 60% remaining). Regardless of the car purchase, I will still be able to make the maximum overpayment (10% of remaining mortgage) per year including repayments monthly.

I toyed with the idea of using the money to buy a 2 bed flat or town house and renting it out, but its definitely not as fun, lots of tax to take into account, stress/hassle, have to deal with solicitors and I generally cant be bothered.

I dont want to buy a car that I am going to get bored of after 12-18 months, which I definitely dont think will be the case with a Cobra.

Very undecided on things at the moment. Lots of options for me to explore - which is a good position to be in I suppose.
    Hmmmm.

alex.

Dax Tojeiro - Mike Huddart 383ci stroker, dark blue with wimbledon white stripes, retro racing decals.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345