Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    and i have V99 UFO on retention, but that looked good on the Porsche 996 turbo. don't reckon worth more than 300 squids

Made me smile the other day, when an VW Eos drove past me with a private plate saying 'EOS'. Why u would want to advertise the fact you are driving an f***** VW eos I will never know.

And I saw a Volvo marked up V60.

Oh dear
    Dax Tojeiro - Mike Huddart 383ci stroker, dark blue with wimbledon white stripes, retro racing decals.

I just don't get this whole private plate thing. Most of us have AC /427/cobra badges already on the car so why have it again on the Reg plate! much better to have a period year reg IMHO
    Easy to get and cheap as chips!

Rog

I always wonder how people ended up with (what would now be) very expensive plates on cheap cars; things like '23 AB' on a BMW Mini..

Still, to each their own. I'm sure people would sneer at our fake plastic (or aluminium) cars in the same way some people sneer at private plates
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

"427 AC" was running about on an early Golf GTI a few years back...
    Cheers

Myles D-W

I just removed the non-MOT valid black aluminium plates for modern acrylic ones, I think the car looks better!

Don't suspect I'll be spending to replace my bog standard G reg

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    I always wonder how people ended up with (what would now be) very expensive plates on cheap cars; things like '23 AB' on a BMW Mini..

Still, to each their own. I'm sure people would sneer at our fake plastic (or aluminium) cars in the same way some people sneer at private plates
    I often wonder that too (about the plate thing).....wonder if they've fallen on hard times and had to sell the Rolls back in the day.

cheers
    Kiel and Duncan (dad and the lad)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123