Another AK in North Yorkshire

Hey folks

Just to let you know I've moved near to Northallerton so guess that qualifies me for the NE/North Yorkshire group - Hope to meet you all at some point soon at one of the meets. That said, if you are heading on a trip out in your cob towards my way let me know - would love to see others and I've got plenty of parking and space and a load of country lanes around me

in the meantime if you see a Grey, AK gen 2 floating around the moors/dales/the area you'll know it's me Photobucket link below if it works -
    http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w624/kensaunders1/IMAG3927%202_zpso5setgaf.jpg

Ken

Ken,

Welcome and congratulations on your choice of location, beautiful area and some lovely driving roads.

Not much activity at the moment. I, and a few others, are SORN'ed while others are taking the sun in foreign parts but we do keep hearing vague promises of garage meets but nothing has materialised yet. There is a regular meet at the Manor House Inn (see UK CRC website for details) but check that others are going before you make the trip. If you want to be kept informed of meets and trips then PM me your email address and I will add you to the mailing list.

Regards,
    Ian

PS Very nice car by the way, nice stickers - do you do tracks days?
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3; IVA Apr. 2014; RV8 3.9 EFi ; Cosworth T5; Granada Donor

Thanks Ian - have PMd you with my email address.

haven't been doing track days - but do like the road trip to Le Mans..(hence the stickers) although the cob has yet to get there as I was on my way to position car on south coast for a ferry in 2016 and driving down some electrics gremlins hit me which was causing me to cut out - it's fixed now after switching out to megasquirt but hopefully will get the cob there. Am thinking of getting up to Croft maybe for a day out when the weather starts to clear..

Ken

Ken,

You're on the list.

Croft is a nice circuit but they have strictly enforced noise limits owing to problems with local NIMBYs. It is also quite expensive as they are restricted in the number of track days they can hold.

One of the best ways to get on track there, which is also a great day out, is to book a public track session at the Time Attack - Petrol & Pistons meeting. The open access to the paddock & pit lane, where a vast range of machinery is on view, together with the on track action make it well worth the money. The P&P meet this year is on the weekend of 2nd & 3rd September

Hope to meet up before September!

Take care,
    Ian

Hi Guys,

Looking hard for my first Cobra which should'nt be too long now - please keep me on the list for any info from the group.

Cheers

Gareth

Gareth,

Welcome and good luck in your quest to find the right car. We have most of the major makes in the locality and talking to the owners / builders to narrow down your list would be a good option. Even better is having a sit in the various cars to check out the driving position, pedals etc.

If you PM me your email address & contact details I will add you to the circulation list for meets. We normally post on the forum but send emails as well as some do not get on the forum very often.

Hope to meet up soon.

Ian

Useful knowledge thanks v much

Greetings from just north of northallerton from a Brightwheel cobra. Will try to meet up soon. Am just half way through a head transplant , hope to be bck on the road soon
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Kensaunders1 View Post
    Hey folks

Just to let you know I've moved near to Northallerton so guess that qualifies me for the NE/North Yorkshire group - Hope to meet you all at some point soon at one of the meets. That said, if you are heading on a trip out in your cob towards my way let me know - would love to see others and I've got plenty of parking and space and a load of country lanes around me

in the meantime if you see a Grey, AK gen 2 floating around the moors/dales/the area you'll know it's me Photobucket link below if it works -
    http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w624/kensaunders1/IMAG3927%202_zpso5setgaf.jpg

Ken