Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    metalic sunburst orange with stripes would look the biz
    Dax Tojeiro - Mike Huddart 383ci stroker, dark blue with wimbledon white stripes, retro racing decals.

why not simply buy an abandoned project - these are always great value. if the engine, if indeed it has one, in the project car doesn't suit, sell it on.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Thanks Daryn your advice is sound mate. Much appreciated 👍

Great thing about this forum is you get so much helpful advice. Plenty of food for thought and will update once the project is underway! Yes and I think Peter I am favouring the sunburst orange with black shelby stripes. Seen a car on one of the states sites with stripes going down the side of wings from top to bottom also. Looked fabulous.

Hi Kevin, the thought was if it has already passed its IVA/SVA in the UK it is then simple and straightforward to get it registered over here in Sweden. If not then it will have to go through an equivelant over here and they are super strict on paperwork and build information etc etc even more so than the UK and if not available then an equivrkant to a Q plate is given (bang goes any profit?). I have looked at some unfinished projects but when speaking to the owners they didn't have build receipts or relevant info on the build that would make it easier to pass a test here. Plus always a little wary rightly or wrongly of people selling unfinished projects that don't have the correct info/paperwork if they had planned to take it to pass an SVA. So that is why i thought if its passed UK tests then much easier.

Fair enough.
    In which case, I would go for buying a shabby car, rip out interior, new paint, authentic wheels, spray the sidepipes and leave it at that.
    Unless there is huge demand in sweden for LS3 engines, any V8 ought to suffice, and if it looks good, I think most punters will be happy.
    Installing an LS3 is going to be a lot of effort and £££, impacting on your long term scheme.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Hi Marky,
    i see why need a registered car.
    Where are you in Sweden?
    i know Goteborg reasonably well and Skovde.
    My current build is a Dax with LS2 (not too many Daxes with LSX's in) the factory prefer old school chevy's.
    I was surprised how big the American car scene is over there.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

Yes it doesn't have to be an LS3 as long as its an american V8 and not a RV8.. as mentioned the american muscle car scene is huge here so would need to use either a chevy V8 or Ford V8. Otherwise I will lose money. Plus chevy/Ford parts are easy to get here compared to Rover or Jag V8's.

Thanks again for your comments and advice Kevin 👍

I am in Karlstad about 2.5hrs from Goteborg. Yes i was surprised also. They have some of the biggest American classic car shows in the World every year (outside of the states of course) I was never into american V8's before I moved, but now I am converted. Your Dax Cobra sounds fantastic with the LS2 in. Bet it will go like stink😃

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12