Lexus exhaust manifold

Hi there.

I'm sure I'm not the first one to build an AK with lexus engine and sidepipes so please does anyone have info for who I can go to for custom manifolds? Anyone know the dimensions so I can get them fabricated while my project stays in my garage?

Cheers in advance
    Simon

Hi Simon,

As so many factors are involved (Steering column, exact position hor/vert of the engine, for example) I think the mounting of the side-pipes and welding up the manifolds is best done when everything is in place and indeed with the car at hand. To measure up the exhaust ports and have the welding flanges cut can be done beforehand, and if you feel confident also the mounting of the sidepipes themselves, but to interconnect them is a game on itself,and will differ from car to car.

Best Regards, Theo
    Not for the faint hearted, not for the shy...

Thanks Theo

I thought that might be the case but I was hoping there was another way. I've got some flanges already. But as you say, it needs to be right...

Appreciate the reply!
    Cheers

Hi Simon,

I am in the lucky position to have mates who are fabricators and welders. I placed the body onto the chassis and then marked the centre lines of the four pipes to join onto DB's side pipes.
    I then made a couple of plywood boxes to replicate the footwell walls to make sure that we had enough clearance.
    It is a bit of a faff especially if like me you have the extended drivers foot well but with patience and perseverance it should come out like this..........or better!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Best anti speeding device - a rear view mirror with a police car in it.
    A pedestrian - someone who thought there was still a couple of gallons in the tank.
    AK Chassis and body collected 12.12.14

Thanks for taking the time to upload the pics Paul. That gives me everything I need to show whoever I get to help make them just what is needed. Great!
    Last edited by mrkawamackie; 06-03-17 at 08:57 AM.