getrag gearbox fitting to ford 302

looking to progress my ak build but i seem to have hit a stumbling block.I have a ford 302/5.0 engine and i want to fit a jag getrag gearbox that i have but unable to find out which bellhousing /flywheel teeth number combo works ,i know ill need to make buy or make an adapter but not sure whether a t5 or other bellhousing can be used, and if so what type of t5 bellhousing is a suitable depth to take into account proper first motion shaft engagement in flywheel /cluch disc. Im pretty sure others have come across/solved this in the past and may be able to shed some light on this.thanks in anticipation
    mike

All you need is a Ford bellhousing and an adapter plate to mate the getrag box to the bellhousing (I have this setup on my 351W mated to a getrag box). As for the clutch this is all ford, appropriate to your choice of flywheel except the friction plate which has to have the correct number of splines for the getrag input shaft. HTH
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Quote Originally Posted by TINKA View Post
    All you need is a Ford bellhousing and an adapter plate to mate the getrag box to the bellhousing (I have this setup on my 351W mated to a getrag box). As for the clutch this is all ford, appropriate to your choice of flywheel except the friction plate which has to have the correct number of splines for the getrag input shaft. HTH
    hi martin thanks for your reply do you know which ford bellhousing you used as there are quite a few and this my problem ,i think there are a couple of different t5 ones some deeper than others as the t5 had differing input shaft lengths and then you have 164 teeth flywheels 157 tooth ones which just makes things more complicated ,i think there are other older gearbox bellhousings also.i dont want to start buying things only to find they are unsuitable others must have had this problem and im hoping to find out exactly what works
    thanks again
    mike

Not sure how much i can help you on this one but I just bought the first one I found and all fitted no problem. I have gone the 157 tooth route and think this was the only consideration I made, and when I helped my mate who has exactly the same setup as you he just used the bellhousing from the top loader he was taking off as he wanted a 5th gear. So the bellhousing from a top loader should fit ok.

i think i will buy a t5 bellhousing and hope for the best and see where i go thanks again for your help martin

I still have a couple of aluminium adaptor plates up for sale that go between the ford bellhousing and getrag gearbox and also available a sleeve that goes inside the bellhousing shaft to fit to the release bearing. AK did (and may still) do the same kit as well. My adaptor plates are £60 and the sleeve £20. I will be going to Stoneleigh with these and a lot more stuff if anyone needs them. Regards, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by pete the b View Post
    I still have a couple of aluminium adaptor plates up for sale that go between the ford bellhousing and getrag gearbox and also available a sleeve that goes inside the bellhousing shaft to fit to the release bearing. AK did (and may still) do the same kit as well. My adaptor plates are £60 and the sleeve £20. I will be going to Stoneleigh with these and a lot more stuff if anyone needs them. Regards, Pete.
    i am very interested pete im also going to stoneleigh for the full weekend
    pm sent
    regards
    mike
    Last edited by petrolhead27; 16-04-17 at 04:36 PM.

[QUOTE=petrolhead27;562430]i am very interested pete im also going to stoneleigh for the full weekend ive sent you a pm