Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Headlights?

Hi Stu,

It would have been great to meet but I am there on Monday as I can't make Sunday.

Hope you enjoy Stonleigh. Lets hope the weather is better than expected.

Cheers,
    Stu.
    AK427 Gen III, Ford 347, TKO600
    Build Blog:- stu238-ak427.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by S&W Python MK1V View Post
    Hi Stu

Its another Stu, these are the ones that i am using http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-H4-9003...MAAOSwA3dYKYm1 I have no idea how long they will last but superbly bright and you can keep the period look! My only criticism is that they are pained a pinky/purple and leave a slight hew at the back of the light when off.....

Stu
    Hi Stu, did you have any issues fitting them as they are much longer than standard bulbs. Did you need to cut the bowl to let them in? Do you have any photos of them fitted? Sorry to be a pain!.Thanks.
    Cheers,
    Stu

Don't know why I bother!
    Steve Brown

CRC Regional Rep - East Anglia

You bother Steve because you have a Cobra.... No cutting Steve they are snug inside the bowl..... sadly no pictures but will see what I can do...... Hope you all enjoyed Stoneleigh good turn out today...

Thanks Stu. Hope you had a good day yesterday.
    Cheers
    Stu

Hi maybe a full question but when fitting the bowl is the orientation of the bowl the same for each side e.g. one adjuster at 12 and 2nd adjuster at 8-9 iclock or are they installed as opposite

Thanks

Same both sides Matt.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17

excellent thank you

Im also a bit worried as, looking at these LED headlight units on Ebay they are showing a high Wattage as compared to say Xenon. Or have I missed something here?
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 4 Litre Rover V8

I DONT NEED GOOGLE. MY WIFE KNOWS EVERYTHING

Rub the purple colour off with a bit of fine sandpaper (emery board), simple shiny Aluminium underneath - (avoid rubbing the LED - not good). That will get rid of the purple tint when the lights are off.

Carefull note to users of the headlight LED lights. Those little fans on the back aren't going to last long when road grit and rain, moisture get in. They are like little computer fans, which work fine in your living room, but not in the harsh environment of a car and the road (vibration especially). You won't know the fan has gone until your LED goes 'pop' which I suspect will be sooner rather than later. You can buy ones without fans, they spread large braided cables to get rid of the heat. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-60W-64...0AAOSwHptY9xhi

Unfortunatly, heat will kill and LED light more quickly than anything else. So getting rid of it is very important, hence the fan. I think 85 Deg C is their working max temp.
    Also, I'm not sure they will do the light pattern properly. The glass lense and mirror of the existing bowl rely on the fillament of a normal bulb being in exactly the right spot. LEDs work well with 'projector' lights, as a piece of metal shapes the 'kick up' pattern required by law.

Would be interested to know how you get on with the pattern given off from the LED lights. Its an MOT requirement of course. Point your LED headlights at the garage door/wall and send us a picture.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast