Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Neal, just looked at mine and under "Messaging and Notifications" tab there is a section for turning on or off private messaging. This is on a pc, not sure whether you're using a mobile or not.
    BIG TONE

Mercedes SL owner, definitely NOT a kitcar owner like you lot!

Using a PC Tony (Win 7, Chrome browser) - no settings like that at all

rgds

Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

I would post a picture but the site must be having one of it's problem days because it won't let me. I'll try later
    Andy

Dax De Dion 350 sbc

[QUOTE=nealgs;563618]Using a PC Tony (Win 7, Chrome browser)

Neal,
    You look set to receive PM's from what I can see, however can you just check that you have ticked the box "

From the "Forum Home" front page, at the top right is "Settings" - click that
    then, on the left hand side of the page in a section called "My Settings", scroll down a bit to "My Account", then click on "General Settings".

You need to have the following ticked:
    Private Messaging = ON
    Receive Private Messaging = FROM ALL MEMBERS.

If they are already set like that then change them to something else, save, exit, logoff, then log back in and reset them as above

Cheers

Jim
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

Hi Jim,

Done the above and I don't have those options at all - i've sent and received PM's in the past, last sent one 10/02/17

rgds
    Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

if i go into my PM Inbox, i can see the following message at the bottom:

Inbox contains 44 messages. You have 89 messages stored, of a total 0 allowed. (Empty Folder)

which would indicate i don't have PM permissions (0 allowed)

I get this message if i try to send a PM:

nealgs, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I've logged out and logged in again - no change

regards
    Gary

Yeah, that would screw it up nicely . Beyond my modding levels to sort out though - I'll hit the "report post" button and if you're lucky uncle Rob will dive in and work his magic

Cheers

Jim
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

Where has Rob gone?

Andy

Last seen playing with Land Rovers......but we don't like to talk loudly about afflictions like that here
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

Quote Originally Posted by nealgs View Post
    if i go into my PM Inbox, i can see the following message at the bottom:

Inbox contains 44 messages. You have 89 messages stored, of a total 0 allowed. (Empty Folder)

which would indicate i don't have PM permissions (0 allowed)

I get this message if i try to send a PM:

nealgs, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I've logged out and logged in again - no change

regards
    Gary
    Have a look now, looks like you were in the wrong user group for some reason

Rob
    Best Regards

Robert

Crossed over for a while - Overlanding - Some people are just like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast