Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Car put through its IVA

Well I put my car through its IVA today and I must say the guy Doug, was a complete star. he sat with me and fixed the light height setup and the speedo and was genuinely an enthusiast no where near as bad as I though it would be.

The car failed the test but only on one thing and that was the handbrake, it was only working to 16% and I needed 18%, the tester even tried to see if we could fix it, but I have had problems with this before and will speak with Jon and see if I can get the revised setup and hopefully that works, so all in all pleased with the test

Brian
    AK Gen II - LS 376/480 495 BHP with upgraded long lift cam

Brian,

Excellent news, congratulations. There are, as I am sure you are aware, a number of "solutions" to the handbrake issue, good luck with it.

Not long now!!!!

Take care,
    Ian
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3; IVA Apr. 2014; RV8 3.9 EFi ; Cosworth T5; Granada Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Ian C View Post
    Brian,

Excellent news, congratulations. There are, as I am sure you are aware, a number of "solutions" to the handbrake issue, good luck with it.

Not long now!!!!

Take care,
    Ian
    Handbrake issue????? What handbrake issue????
    Regards

Craig Perry

No, I'm not "repairing" it, I'm fine tuning its performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawibob View Post
    Well I put my car through its IVA today and I must say the guy Doug, was a complete star. he sat with me and fixed the light height setup and the speedo and was genuinely an enthusiast no where near as bad as I though it would be.

The car failed the test but only on one thing and that was the handbrake, it was only working to 16% and I needed 18%, the tester even tried to see if we could fix it, but I have had problems with this before and will speak with Jon and see if I can get the revised setup and hopefully that works, so all in all pleased with the test

Brian

Well done Brian !!
    Regards

Craig Perry

No, I'm not "repairing" it, I'm fine tuning its performance.

Well done.

Andy

Sent you a pm Brian.
    Charlie
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Well done soon be on the road now.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

Well done Brian, look forward to hearing you pull up on my driveway when she is on the road when you are next popping home to Fearn Glad to hear that the tester is an enthusiast so will not panic quite so much now when I have to go to Aberdeen. Fingers crossed you get the handbrake sorted soon.
    Best anti speeding device - a rear view mirror with a police car in it.
    A pedestrian - someone who thought there was still a couple of gallons in the tank.
    AK Chassis and body collected 12.12.14

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Well done Brian, look forward to hearing you pull up on my driveway when she is on the road when you are next popping home to Fearn Glad to hear that the tester is an enthusiast so will not panic quite so much now when I have to go to Aberdeen. Fingers crossed you get the handbrake sorted soon.
    Well done Brian not far to go now

Hmm...never known Fern (the village) to have an "a" in it but your quite correct appears an old Scots version

Nice neck of the woods BTW

cheers
    Kiel and Duncan (dad and the lad)

Good job, Yes Doug is a star and tries his best to get you through. He adjusted our light as well . hand brake should not be to hard to sort out. It is something AK should try and rectify, and yes I know there is a mod but still not great.

Cheers
    Shuggie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast