Thread: Ford Parts

Ford Parts

Hi guys,

I am currently just reconditioning some of my ford Granada donor parts and I am in need of a few parts. I have asked Pilgrim and they suggested I contact my local Ford dealer but unfortunately they no longer provide Granada parts. I am after a plastic breather insert for the top of my diff and a new oil drain plug for the diff. I would also like to replace one of the bolts that hold the Diff back plate on as it is rounded and also one of the CV joint bolts that attach the CV joint to the diff as this is also rounded.

Does anyone either have any of these you would be prepared to part with or know of anywhere I could possibly source them from?

cheers
    James
    Granada based Pilgrim Sumo with RV8 - May 2017
    YouTube Build diary:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJnGMrv_CkERYzoG68enTGg

The CV joint (Lobro) bolts are available second hand on Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Sierr...YAAOSwTM5YxFlp but the diff plug and diff bolts are getting very rare now - you could try local ford dealers to see if they have any old stock
    Cobra not quite as shiny as my head

Which granada?

I've got a mk2 2.8 diff sitting in my garage...

Failing that have a look at https://www.motomobil.com/about-us,2341.html

Quote Originally Posted by James Fishwick View Post
    Hi guys,

I am currently just reconditioning some of my ford Granada donor parts and I am in need of a few parts. I have asked Pilgrim and they suggested I contact my local Ford dealer but unfortunately they no longer provide Granada parts. I am after a plastic breather insert for the top of my diff and a new oil drain plug for the diff. I would also like to replace one of the bolts that hold the Diff back plate on as it is rounded and also one of the CV joint bolts that attach the CV joint to the diff as this is also rounded.

Does anyone either have any of these you would be prepared to part with or know of anywhere I could possibly source them from?

cheers
    James
    Just a thought - there are a number of forums - similar to ours for older out of manufacture Fords - pretty sure they will know where to get some of the harder to find spares.
    Chris Lutman -427SC Coupe / MG Tojeiro "LOY" replica

I looked everywhere for a breather pipe and eventually made one out of a nylon bung with three inches of copper brake pipe glued through the middle curled over at the top.

Thank you for all the replies. I have had another chat with Pilgrim and they are going to have another look for the parts I need. Failing that I am expecting to make my own breather.
    Granada based Pilgrim Sumo with RV8 - May 2017
    YouTube Build diary:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJnGMrv_CkERYzoG68enTGg

Try Fordspares Tendring Essex.

It seems to me that Pilgrim are being amazingly unhelpfull to some of the old past customers. Ive asked several times for some info, just to be told "Dont know"
    Come back Den.
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 3.5 Litre Rover V8 Towing an Eriba Puck Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post

It seems to me that Pilgrim are being amazingly unhelpfull to some of the old past customers. Ive asked several times for some info, just to be told "Dont know"
    Come back Den.
    I suspect its because they genuinely don't know.... If you asked Uncle Den what colour paint meant what rating on springs he would go and look at the wall he'd painted it on... and then mutter something about changing his colour 'system in around 84'...

Ah... found memories of Dad being sent 6 different sets of engine mounts, and having to hoik the engine & box in & out... we ended up trying every possible combination of the 6 pairs...

being told by Uncle Den "oh yes, thats within tolerance sir, you just need a bigger hammer"

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post

Come back Den.
    Ken , I am very surprised at that comment.
    Personally, I have found the new owners at Pilgrim to be extremely approachable and will assist where they can, maybe it depends on the questions that you're asking . If they genuinely don't know then it's better to say that , rather that just take a guess at it.
    Jim