Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: forum

forum

Why doesn't the forum have a dedicated section for build threads? All of the other forums I frequent have somewhere that members can show how they're progressing with their build, and add to the thread as the build progresses.
    Nige

Nobody has asked for one, do we want one?

Rob
    Best Regards

Robert

Crossed over for a while - Overlanding - Some people are just like slinkies, they don't really have a purpose but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Yes please!
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    Yes please!

Ditto

(plus ten characters)
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3; IVA Apr. 2014; RV8 3.9 EFi ; Cosworth T5; Granada Donor
    Phase Two underway - Conversion to Japanese

Would be a great help for present and future builds. Thanks Rob!

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    Why doesn't the forum have a dedicated section for build threads? All of the other forums I frequent have somewhere that members can show how they're progressing with their build, and add to the thread as the build progresses.
    Nige
    Because it has separate sections for each make, why would you wat more? it will only be confusing
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 3.5 Litre Rover V8 Towing an Eriba Puck Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Because it has separate sections for each make, why would you wat more? it will only be confusing
    Hi Ken, I understand what you're saying, but most of the stuff in the seperate sections is for tech questions. It might be far better to have all of the build threads in one section, rather than having to trawl through all of the others to see what other builders are up to.
    Nige

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    Hi Ken, I understand what you're saying, but most of the stuff in the seperate sections is for tech questions. It might be far better to have all of the build threads in one section, rather than having to trawl through all of the others to see what other builders are up to.
    Nige

I can seethe need, but with so many different kits out there, without some pretty strict rules it would soon be a hell of a mixed up mess.
    Maybe a sub forum for each of the Make specific forums would be better ?
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 3.5 Litre Rover V8 Towing an Eriba Puck Caravan

To be honest I don't see the need to sub forum any of it. All of the builds will be together in one section of the forum. A lot of the practices being used to build these cars is pretty much universal for other makes of Cobra as well. ie prepping for paint, fitting an interior, wiring the car, fitting engine and running gear etc etc. Maybe even more importantly, would be how these cars can be built to pass a BIVA test. You could see from other peoples build threads how they achieved the correct criteria to pass the tests. The fact that there's a variety of different kits is totally irrelevant. You might find some interesting details on a car that's being built that you could utilise on your Pilgrim for example. If you look at a thread I've running in the Viper section re steering rack http://www.cobraclub.com/forum/showt...t=54333&page=2

It shows how I made a Hawk roof fit a Viper (page 6 onwards). There's also tips on using fibreglass (my cars body is heavily modified and now has FIA wings and front end body panels and resembles a Le Mans 289, rather than the 427 Cobretti Viper it started out at. I'll bet that many people will have missed this, but if it were in a general build thread part of the forum then people might gain someuseful info from what I've done to my car and also from what other builders are doing to theirs. Just my opinion
    Nige

My Cobretti Viper

Last edited by Outcast; 24-06-17 at 02:40 PM.

as above...............
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast